My journey begins TODAY!

ladyeagle1993
on 5/13/16 5:34 am

Newbie here.  Hi, I'm Penny.  So finally, today is the day that I have been impatiently waiting for, losing sleep over, walking the floor over, etc...CONSULTATION DAY!  I'm sure that I'll hear more about the surgery, but is there anything else that they normally do during consultation?  Testing?  Physicals?  I'm sure that I will need the support of this group going forward and hope to pass on that support to those needing it as well.  I look forward to "meeting and talking" to you during my journey to ONEderland!

luvmypuggies
on 5/13/16 8:25 am

Welcome!!  It's exciting to start this process, and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I'm trying to remember my first appt -  lots of discussion about the weight issues (eating habits, why want surgery, etc.), medical history, brief physical/EKG, that sort of thing.  Not a big deal.  It probably varies tremendously by doc though.

If you're like me, you'll think of lots of questions AFTER you leave the consultation, so fire away on this board if you want the straight scoop on things. Obviously this isn't medical advice, so you'd have to ask your doc about that, but the folks here are awesome at relating experiences and answering questions.

Good luck today!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 353 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views