1-2pound loss per week????

Olive328
on 5/20/16 6:43 pm
VSG on 04/05/16

im stressing out, I just made 6 weeks post op this week, down 26lbs and feel as if my loss is slow. Since I started eating my one meal a day, tuna mostly or beans, I noticed I'm only losing like 2lbs a week. Is this normal??? I just started working out this week hoping it helps, but so far as of today only 1lb down from last week.

White Dove
on 5/20/16 7:18 pm - Warren, OH

It may be normal for you.  Go to Resources at the top of the page and select Post Op Planner.  Put your numbers in to see what to expect each month.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

BeautifulMe84
on 5/21/16 5:03 am
VSG on 03/10/16

You lost 26 pounds in 6 weeks post op? That is FANTASTIC!! I only lost around 12-14 pounds my first 6 weeks post op. I am a very slow loser and right now I am LUCKY if I lose 2 pounds per week. I eat right and take my vitamins drink my fluids and exercise often and still losing slowly but I keep telling myself I am still LOSING not gaining so that for me is a WIN. What are your stats? The less you weigh at surgery the slowly you might lose for some. I was 238 day of my VSG surgery. Hang in there and just think about where you will be 6 months from now 12 months from now.

Olive328
on 5/21/16 6:06 am
VSG on 04/05/16

Thank you, I thought I was doing bad becuz I see some people losing 50lbs or more in 2 to 3 months. I guess it baffles me how could I lose so little per week lately if I only do 2 shakes and a small meal like tuna, beans, etc.. I'm 5ft 3in, got sleeved on April 5 weighing 227.

BeautifulMe84
on 5/21/16 7:40 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Olive328...Your doing great thus far...remember not to compare...I made the mistake of doing this and it drove me crazy. As long as we see the scale going down and not up is a huge success.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views