VSG + hiatal hernia = tummy tuck??

White Dove
on 7/14/16 9:04 pm - Warren, OH

The free tummy tuck is for an abdominal hernia, not a hiatal hernia.  My surgeon does sort of a mini tummy tuck if he repairs an abdominal hernia after surgery.  It is not a plastic surgery type tummy tuck with muscle tightening and he also leaves you with no belly button.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cabin111
on 7/14/16 9:18 pm

White Dove that's the one I'm thinking of.  It when it's an abdominal one...After they lost the weight.  Out of courtesy they will do the free tummy tuck...Since it's an extra 5 minutes to repair since they are cutting anyways.  The doctor could justify by saying "with these skin flaps the patient could get staph, yeast, fungal, or other infections...Best remove some of these."  I think that is how it worked years ago...

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 7/15/16 4:13 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I was under the impression a hiatal hernia was more in the esophagus area and fixed during vsg to help with reflux

incisional or inguinal hernias are the ones found pushing through the abdominal wall and when being repaired the Dr. might do a tt at the same time.

My Dr. said once I lost the majority of the weight I need to lose he will repair this ginormous hernia I have and do a tt at the same time.. yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views