Stall is it normal at 1 1/2 weeks out

lorylight
on 11/27/16 10:13 am
VSG on 11/07/16

I'm hungry all the time too, and light headed also. I was told to increase my protein and to move more. I don't know about you, but increasing my protein doesn't seem to be helping much I still feel weak. I hope once we can move on to soft stage food we start to feel a little more normal. I'll be out 3 wks tomorrow and I have to stay on liquids another week and a half before I can move onto soft foods. I wish you the best on your journey : )

HW 299, SW 276.4

Gladgrad
on 11/27/16 9:10 pm

Wow, Doctors vary so much with the diet. I was on liquids 48 hours, then stage 2, I move onto stave 3 at 14 days. I live in the San Francisco area, don't know where you are. Actually, I was starving, so I made myself a one egg white omelet with a little spaghetti sauce inside. It made me feel comfortably full.  I'm technically not supposed to have eggs for another 2 days or so. I have had zero issues with food. No nausea, no dumping. I guess I am lucky.

Someone posted, once we move on to solids we should feel better.

VSG 11/17/16  down 18 lbs so far.

Hoping to rid myself of 100 lbs and health issues.

pamalea
on 11/27/16 1:51 pm
VSG on 11/09/16

I am just over 2 weeks out and I have hit a stall also. Read a lot on here that this happens. I know I am getting all my protein in and water as well. I have tried to ramp up the exercise I do a little more so don't know if that could be a cause. I keep telling myself every morning not to weigh but I just can't help myself

lorylight
on 11/27/16 5:38 pm, edited 11/27/16 9:39 am
VSG on 11/07/16

I know me too. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to weigh myself anymore until my next follow up with my surgeon, but give in every morning... I think when we have a stall like that so soon out we get a little nervous thinking it's not going to work for us. 

HW 299, SW 276.4

pamalea
on 11/28/16 6:38 am
VSG on 11/09/16

So true. With all my weight loss failures in the past that is the first thing that comes to mind. I did budge a 1/2 a pound this morning. So I am hopeful. Keep me posted on what happens with you. 

Joshua H.
on 11/28/16 8:19 am
VSG on 10/26/16

I had a 3 day stall at about 2 weeks out.  Then a one week stall at 3 weeks.  My 3 week stall was exacerbated by other factors, but I was definitely at a caloric deficit during the stall during week 3.

sreising
on 11/30/16 10:26 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I'm so glad you mentioned this issue. I just went to the doctor for a follow-up yesterday, being 1-month out and my main "complaint" was stalling. I haven't lost but 1 pound in the last two weeks. It seemed that just as I stopped liquids and started on puree's (at week 2), my body said heck no, I won't go.

The doc said that as my body started to come out of stasis(?) from being on just liquids, it wanted to hoard every extra calorie it received, especially in the increase of carbohydrates. She said that it was completely normal, although understandably frustrating and that I just had to wait it out.

Here's a nugget, though, that I found out that may be of help. She said that if I stalled for more than 2 weeks to let her know. She said that stalling for more than 2 weeks could be an indication of problems that need attention. That may be something to keep in your pocket if you go more than another week continuing to stall.

I wish you much luck and joy in your journey.

sreising

Sammy2929
on 12/2/16 5:46 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

I'm down 120+ lbs. 7 months. I've had 3 3week stalls. Don't get inpatient. Don't weigh yourself everyday. Your setting yourself up for disappointment which w all know led to us giving up in the past.  If you follow your orders, get in your protein and water, and exercise you will succeed. I've been walking at least 3 miles a day since I hit 270 lbs so you can do it.  Life is so much better now. I'm not a sickly, depressed couch potato anymore?

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Most Active