Any Ideas?

sreising
on 12/31/16 7:34 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Hey All!

I've only posted once on here before, and it was a reply. This is my first "real" post, and of course, I am a bit anxious. So, please forgive me if it sounds a little cattawonkis.

I was sleeved on 10/31/2016. My starting weight before the pre-surgical diet was 258 and my weight the day of surgery was 255.40. I weigh myself every day religiously. I know, some say I shouldn't do that, some say it's fine. For me, I use it a means of self-regulation. I know my absence of will so I really need something that is repetitive and consistent to keep me consistent too.

At about 3 weeks out, I hit the dreaded 3-week stall. It was awful! I sat between 229 and 225 forEVER! I didn't start losing again until 12/01. That stall almost killed any modicum of confidence I had left.

Here I am, less than 3 weeks out from that stall and I think I'm stalling again. Since 12/21 I've been sitting between 210 and 213. For the last week, I've been slowly creeping up, especially since Monday.

My exercise has stayed the same. My eating is probably a little different just because I've been off work all week, but not 3 pounds worth, I'm sure. I'm SO OCD about what goes in my mouth. I know it's got to be something I am or am not doing. This is a scientific process, I know, and not magic.

I just cannot mentally go through a stall every month. I am grateful for 43-46 pounds lost. I couldn't have done it without the surgery. I know I should be just joyous and celebratory for what I've already done and not whinge, but I'm not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

S. 

Laura in Texas
on 12/31/16 8:22 am

"My eating is probably a little different"

If you are worried that you are not following your plan, track every bite. That is the only way to either put your mind at ease or let you know that you need to make changes.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sreising
on 12/31/16 10:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Great idea, and I am doing so. Rather than amount, it's been mostly timing that's changed this week. For example, I've been a bad girl and I've slept "in" a lot (the difference between around 6:00am and 8:00am approximately), so my "first" breakfast, as I call it, has been pushed back from 8:00am to around 10:00am or so (or I've skipped it all together).

I've been trying to stick to the 8-10-12-2-4-6 routine, but I do have to supplement at night. I've worked that out with my NUT so the 6 is sometimes 9 with a snack (like a protein bar) in between. This week, the 4-6-9 has gotten jumbled. My exercise routine has changed this week too. I mainly teach at night, but this week, I've been doing a lot of privates during the day. I don't really know much about how differences in time of exercise can affect weight loss. I wonder if that might have something to do with it too...

Thank you for your response!!!

S.

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/16 8:24 am, edited 12/31/16 12:24 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I was sleeved the same day as you. My starting weight was a lot more than yours.  I think there are so many variables to take into account:  water weight, metabolism, sodium, weight prior to surgery, hormones, building muscle, etc.  My weight loss is slow too and can vary from day to day depending on what I eat, my fluid intake, etc.  I started upping the exercise and my weight loss has slowed.  I weigh almost every day too.  I like to keep on top of it but I can relate to feeling let down when it stays the same or goes up.  One thing that may help is to boost your calories a day to jolt your metabolism.  Changing things up sometimes triggers a loss.  Sorry I can't be of much help.

sreising
on 12/31/16 10:50 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Golly soho! You have done SO well! Congrats!

I can definitely tell a difference near that "time" of the month too, with the hormones, and I'm wondering if that might have a bit to do with the fluctuation. The last two have been like I was back in high school...very strange.

Other than my "day" job, I own a dance studio and I teach 5 classes a week, a total of 5 hours a week. 1 of those hours are low intensity, 2 hours are mid intensity, and 2 hours are high intensity. I definitely break a sweat every day Monday - Thursday, and then on Saturdays, my family goes walking around the community "track" (really a cemetery, but it's exactly 1 mile around it ). I go nowhere without my water bottle and I'm addicted to MM15 lemonade and Diet V8 Splash. I supplement with Genepro and MetRX bars.

I would totally understand the muscle mass gain, but I would think I would see more of a difference in inches or a shift in where those inches are located, which I haven't. With as much weight as I've lost already, I've only gone down 1 pants size and 1 shirt size.

Some days I just want to scream! I've lost the equivalent 2 toddlers (or 10 Chihuahuas), but it just doesn't feel like it. It's really weird for me because my professional dance weight was 104. I've been really skinny before (a few family members say too much so), so it's not that I don't have the experience of "smallness". It's strange....just strange.

Thank you guys for listening and reading.

When I started on this journey, I didn't think I wanted or needed the support of others. That was my own shame talking. I know that I do need support, and it's nice having people like you that understand on an even keel. Those who haven't gone through it can empathize (bless my husband), but they don't really "get" it.

S.

Kathy1212
on 12/31/16 11:04 am

Congrats on your weight loss!  I almost choked on my coffee when I read you've lost the equivalent of 2 toddlers or 10 Chihuahuas, lol!  Love the visual!  I think all weight loss should be measured in dogs, lol. So fun!

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice as I'm pre-op, but you have my support, and in no time you'll have lost more Chihuahuas!

Take care,

Kathy

sreising
on 12/31/16 11:22 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Thanks Kathy!

Congrats on starting your journey! And thank you for your support. It means a lot! :)

Here's to the Chihuahuas!

S.

happyteacher
on 12/31/16 1:40 pm

I think that means I lost a Bermese Mountain dog and a herd of chihuahuas.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/16 3:11 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Totally love the comparison of weight lost with the dogs and the toddlers. So cute and a great visual.  That is a lot of weight .... don't sell yourself short.

I feel like you too, I need the support.  It really helps to compare notes and get ideas/suggestions from others that have walked the same road.

Hang in there.  We are in this together!

Stacy_WLS
on 12/31/16 12:05 pm

Definitely track every bite.  Make sure you are getting your protein and your water and your carbs aren't [email protected] too high.  

46 lbs in a couple of months is great.   Just gotta keep at it.  

My weight loss went in swooshes.  A week or two pretty steady then a swoosh downwards.  But you have to keep doing the right things even when the scale isn't moving.

Good luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views