Sleeved 1/31

Buckeyegirl76
on 2/3/17 2:39 pm

Well I made it through, surgery on Tuesday and home Wednesday night. It has been a learning curve to find out how little of a sip I need to take. It seems like early in the day getting in my fluids and a little Protien is easier. By the time late afternoon rolls around I have to force myself to drink. I have some nausea and it's been challenging trying to figure out what my stomach will tolerate. I've been keeping up on all of my meds, I'm just guessing this is all normal and I'm trying to ride it out through the first week or two until I start to feel better.

Kathy S.
on 2/3/17 2:51 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Readyjwc
on 2/3/17 5:14 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Congratulations!  Hang in there - it will get better. I am just about 2 weeks out and I feel good. You'll get the hang of it. Slow and easy. Oh and walk....get that gas out of you.

Take care.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/17 8:17 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Congratulations on getting it done. Every day will get easier. Taking sips and small bites will be a habit before you know it.  I am in week 6 now and have zero regrets. Follow the diet plan of your doctor and don't try and progress your diet on your own and you'll be fine.

paulag52
on 2/3/17 8:27 pm

I was sleeved 1!25/17 so I'm 8 days out. The only way I get any protein in is if I add skim milk to it to thin it out. Today terrible burning belly. My house has the flu so  not sure if it's that or the milk or not enough in me. Any suggestion, help please!

Readyjwc
on 2/4/17 1:02 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Try Unjury (Unjury.com) unflavored protein powder. Mix it with your skim milk or choc milk (I love Fairlife which gives you an additional 8 of protein) and some sugar free flavor.

Also, make instant pudding using skim milk and adding in Unjury. If I make one small box, I add one scoop of Unjury. It doesn't have a grit or taste to it like others. Plus, I hate protein drinks.

Can also put Unjury in Crystal light (lemonade etc).

Hope that helps. I was sleeved on 1/23/17 and I'm blessed to be doing well. I may not have hit my protein goal on occasions but I try.

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

paulag52
on 2/6/17 6:47 pm

Thank you so much, buying tomorrow!

CMB_713
on 2/4/17 1:37 pm
VSG on 01/31/17

Congratulations!  I had my VSG on Tuesday afternoon as well!  As much as I was told, I never really believed that it would be such a struggle to finish an 8 oz. drink.  I was staring off into space at about 8 pm on Thursday night, and my husband asked "What's on your mind?"  I replied with a deep sigh, "I have to eat again..." as if it were a major chore, LOL.

We'll get there, and just look at all the support at our fingertips!!  Best of luck to you!

Buckeyegirl76
on 2/4/17 2:12 pm

Congratulations to you as well! It's nice to hear from someone on the same time frame as me. I'm doing better on my fluids but the protien is kicking my butt! You are so right, eating does feel like a chore right now. I'm just really glad I don't feel like I'm starving. I get to start puréed food next Tuesday and I'm looking forward to more options and eating things that aren't sweet tasting. The sight of Protien drinks turns my stomach right now. 

Good luck and keep in touch!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 72 views