Almost 3 yrs out.... Not perfect but... I'm me.. with pics

Kelly Jean
on 2/8/17 6:21 am, edited 2/8/17 6:45 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Well it's been almost 3 years since my wls (sleeve)  and I can honestly say it's the best choice aside for my kids I've ever made....  I'm not perfect by any means  but it I do feel like I'm the best me I can be....  And every day I make sure I continue to keep it that way....  Yes there are struggles and ups and downs and I do allow myself to cheat here and there yes sorry I do eat a piece of chocolate or a cookie or cake now and again...  But I hold myself accountable...  If I do have my cheat I work it off.  I get on the scale every day and if I go over 5 lbs up or down I hit it hard to make sure I stay at my weight I like me at..... ....  Wls saved my life  

Sai F.
on 2/8/17 9:00 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Great job! I love the title of your post. 

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Kelly Jean
on 2/8/17 10:35 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Thank you 

Pamela M.
on 2/8/17 9:26 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Hi Kelly Jean.  It's great to see a post from you.  I have often wondered how you are doing.  I am 2.5 years out and I've gained 15 lbs. so I've got to get back to the basics.  It feels terrible - physically - to be the least bit overweight.  I HATE the feeling.  You look great and I'm glad you are sticking to your goals.  Keep up the good work and best of luck to you!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Kelly Jean
on 2/8/17 10:24 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Omg Pamela how are you girl xoxo....  No worries those 15lbs will come off you got this 

KellyJean 

grandmagood
on 2/10/17 6:56 am
Revision on 08/01/14

Pam,

Our sleeve dates are almost the same! I also have gained 12 pounds and it feels awful. My clothes still fit, but not as well. I feel like I am back at 270pounds! I have gotten back on my stationary bike and riding 10 miles 5 days a week. I am really working on better, cleaner eating too. Trying to make changes I can keep up with. 

Granddaugher just sold me 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies! Mulling over best way to rid myself of them.

I hope in three months I can say I am down 10 pounds. Good luck

And let this be a cautionary tale to the newbies. Don't drop your guard because it creeps back.

Bonnie

CC C.
on 2/10/17 10:49 am

Tip for next year's Girl Scout cookie season: The Girl Scouts are happy to donate your cookies to the military or a local food bank. You never have to handle a box of Thin Mints... No temptation!

Kelly Jean
on 2/10/17 5:57 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Amen it can creep back but we got this Bonnie we can get them off and they will stay off good luck lady xo

KellyJean 

grandmagood
on 2/10/17 6:56 am
Revision on 08/01/14

Pam,

Our sleeve dates are almost the same! I also have gained 12 pounds and it feels awful. My clothes still fit, but not as well. I feel like I am back at 270pounds! I have gotten back on my stationary bike and riding 10 miles 5 days a week. I am really working on better, cleaner eating too. Trying to make changes I can keep up with. 

Granddaugher just sold me 5 boxes of Girl Scout cookies! Mulling over best way to rid myself of them.

I hope in three months I can say I am down 10 pounds. Good luck

And let this be a cautionary tale to the newbies. Don't drop your guard because it creeps back.

Bonnie

Nura777
on 2/8/17 10:20 am

Congrats on three yrs! I thought your before pic was your after! You were pretty small.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views