9 months post-op and so thankful

ItsTimeNow99
on 7/10/17 3:41 am

Just wanted to pop in with a brief update. I'm 9 months post-op from my VSG and feeling like a million buck. I've lost 91 lbs so far..... 9 lbs away from my surgeon's goal for me, and 15 from my personal goal. I have NO knee pain, which was the driving force to get sleeved. I can get in and out of my kayak again. I can actually run again. The smaller clothes are a great perk, but honestly, being able to be more active is the greatest gift.

So.....if you're considering weight loss surgery, do your research, talk with your PCP and surgeon, then go for it!!

If you've just had surgery, yes, you may have a rough day or two, but you are strong, and will get through it. The rewards far outweigh any discomfort you may have, if you have any.

Onward and upward in my amazing journey!!!

Take care, all!

Pat

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/10/17 7:32 am
VSG on 06/26/17

So great to see that you are reaping the benefits from this surgery. I am two weeks post op today and still in a bit of a struggle and definitely feeling discomfort :( can't wait to be 9 months post op

ItsTimeNow99
on 7/10/17 10:29 am

I know it sounds "old hat" but slow and easy wins the race. You've had major surgery, even if laparoscopic - it's major!!! Your body needs time to adjust now and periodically throughout this entire process. Making the effort to get your protein in, and drinking your water and getting up and walking are HUGE in those first few weeks. Once you can start eating solid protein, you deal with the am I full, almost....whoa, one bite too many stages. Every day is an adventure......some good....some sketchy. But every day is a day of your new, healthier self. Imagine yourself a year ago.......hard to believe you've come so far, isn't it.

You've got this!!!! You'll do great.

Pat

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

Doriam R.
on 7/10/17 6:31 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I am having surgery tomorrow, and I am sooooo scared, I hope 9 months from now I can share the same success as you... I can tell you I am extremely scared of the 2 months of clear diet and liquid diet... it sounds soooo hard, I hope I survive that.

But I am so ready to see results and get rid of this weight.

Please pray for me tomorrow!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 64 views