Green smoothie, 2 weeks out

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/10/17 1:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey

Just wondering, what are the effects of having the amount of natural sugar in a green smoothie even with a good amount of protein? I'm two weeks post op today.

Jessica

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/10/17 2:51 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

"Natural" sugar is still sugar and is best avoided until the maintenance phase.

If in doubt, check the materials you received from your surgeon, or call the office to ask their verdict.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

missc_26
on 7/10/17 3:54 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

I agree avoid sugar, even natural sugar.

What I would recommend though is investing in a quality greens powder (my fav is Vital Greens by Martin & Pleasance but there are tons of others around) and adding this to your protein shake. When I was working thru my phases out of surgery I would do this twice a day with a low sugar/low carb vanilla protein powder and it really helped my energy levels without spiking my blood sugar. It made a massive difference for me.

Keep up the good work, I know how hard the first few months are and the constant battle with buyers remorse. It does get easier and you do deserve the improved health your decision will bring. We are all here for you!

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/17 12:42 am
VSG on 12/28/16

There's no difference because the sugar is natural. You shouldn't have it. If you're struggling to not eat sugar at this point, you might want a therapist to help you work out why. Don't sabotage yourself especially while you're still in the early healing phase.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 125 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 356 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 403 views