Effects of aging and possible hormonal changes

chequita1
on 9/17/17 10:25 pm - Chandler, AZ

Just recently had my 6-year post-op check up I have had a 20lb regain since my lowest weight of 129. But now since I have turned 40, I am currently 42 is when I started creeping back up with my weight gain. So I have been having some hormonal issues and I'm currently on some hormones for Menses problems that I have had. I almost feel like when I turned 40 my hormones have changed my metabolism greatly. So I might have to contemplate a partial hysterectomy at this point. Is there anyone out there who is past 40 has gone through a change in aging process and also having to do with female hormones especially when contemplating a partial hysterectomy. I am really concerned of regain since there is tons of complaints of weight gain after a partial hysterectomy. That is the only reason why I have yet to do it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/18/17 9:34 am

Hormones can influence the weight and the placement of the fat. i am 57 .. but I am on HRT. Minimum dose-bio-identical hormones. I have been on that for 8 years. During that time I had some regain, and I lost the regain. Both - the gaining back and the losing it again - had more to do with food-drinks I was having. I ate too much, did not move enough (or rather - not exercised at all), and the weight slowly increased. 2 lbs here, 5 lbs there... once I decided it was too much and really changed what and how much I was eating - I dropped the regain. but losing the regain was a hard work. I really had to be patient and consistent.

but i noticed my shape changed. my waist got "thicker". Most of my post menopausal FF notice the same thing:we gain in the middle. even when weight remain the same - there may be a fat redistribution.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/18/17 10:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

So you started to gain weight four years post-op? Independent of hormones, that's a VERY common phenomenon. Bounceback tends to happen in years 3 and 4.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views