Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 12/11/17

Jessvsg87
on 12/11/17 9:03 am
VSG on 11/27/17

I have a little gold cross my grandma got me when i was a little girl i don't wear it cuz I'm afraid to loose it but it means a lot to me and always reminds me of her.

today is my first day on the puréed phase also my first day back to work since surgery

M1 premiere protein shake

M2 white bean soup

Snack string cheese

M3 ricotta bake or eggs (depending on how tired i am after work)

snack sugar free popsicle or sugar free pudding

CC C.
on 12/11/17 7:03 pm

Hope your first day back went well!

Kristi T.
on 12/11/17 10:29 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning!

I had a good long hike yesterday as well. Not sure about the miles, but it felt like a lot. I need to be more careful though, I had my second fall of the week. The trail was along the river and it was rough and uneven. I might have gotten a little excited and ahead of myself:-) I can break into a run, jump over ditches and sprint up hills. I stopped using my cane about 6 months ago. I'm thinking a pair of trekking poles might be necessary for awhile.

QOTD-I wear my maternal grandmother's diamond 25th anniversary ring always. I have her wedding set too and would like to take a few of the diamonds and have them made into earrings some day. I had her favorite broach turned into a necklace that I wear on special occasions.

B-2 Mexican wedding cake cookies(I baked yesterday) with coffee...sigh.

L-Tuna w/mayo, 1/4 cup cottage cheese

S-Chai tea with cream & stevia

D-Baked cod and roasted Brussel sprouts

I am getting the cookies out of the house and delivering them today. Have a safe and peaceful Monday everyone.

CC C.
on 12/11/17 7:05 pm

I hike a lot with hiking poles. I usually just use one, but even one makes such a difference with balance when the terrain is uneven! All my hiking friends use them! Be careful!

ShirlAus
on 12/11/17 11:42 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Such a hectic time of year ! Hubbys Ute is in for a service, got his watch straps repaired (both broke within 2 days of each other) Repotted lots of succulents. Planted out my mums christmas gift - we have bought her a huge low line garden bowl and I have filled with succulents - she wanted it as a feature in the garden I designed for her. Hoping she likes it and it stays alive - shes not known for her green thumb :)

QOTD: I really only wear the engagement and wedding ring from my hubby, plus a diamond necklace and earrings he gave me last birthday & Christmas. I am being spoilt again this birthday with a stunning ring so will post once I get it. Plus a gold bangle my sons gave me years ago for Mothers Day. Precious. The rest of my jewelle
ry sits in our safe. I will pass on the things my first husband bought me to our sons when they are older - so they can be passed onto their children etc.

B: Fruit Salad and Chobani Yoghurt

S: 2 Babybel

L: Quiche and Salad

D: TBD - Another busy night

CC C.
on 12/11/17 1:52 pm

Good afternoon everybody! Another hot, dry day in southern CA. Blech. The dog has been washed with one walk done today, I've had coffee with friends, and therapy appt this afternoon. Tonight is finishing the Christmas tree. And getting things tidied and ready for hernia surgery Wednesday. Why do they not tell you what time until the last minute? I'm a planner, so it just gives me anxiety...

QOTD: My mom loved jewelry and she had gorgeous taste in antique pieces. I have all of her things (no siblings to have to share with). My dad used to tease her that she was like Mr. T with all the rings and bracelets she wore. One of these days, I'm going her have all of her rings resized and about an inch or more taken off of her tennis bracelet (she had big wrists, mine are small). I wear her diamond earrings the most (no sizing necessary!).

B - coffee and yogurt

L - grilled chicken

D - real good pizza and superfood salad

S - coffee with half and half, broad beans, string cheese

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/17 6:28 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Catching up from traveling last week. I'm very behind with my Christmas shopping.

QOTD: My mother gave me her diamond wedding band but I need to have the diamonds reset. I also have had jewelry stolen through the years and it stings to think about it.

B: 1 egg scrambled with green peppers

L: Chicken salad and 1/4 c. cottage cheese

S: Danon L&F Greek yogurt, coconut vanilla, with 6 fresh, juicy blackberries

D: Meatloaf and green beans

Coming up to my 1 year surgiversary at the end of the month!

CC C.
on 12/11/17 7:08 pm

Me too. A woman my cleaning person hired for their crew stole the diamond solitare pendant my parents gave me on my 18th birthday. The sentimentality of its loss really hurts especially with not having my mom anymore.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views