Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, March 7 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/18 4:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning VSGers! We have some rain this morning, then clearing by mid-morning. We still will walk with our group for coffee this morning, then a bunch of us are going out to lunch on the water. Line dancing this afternoon rounds out this busy retirement day.

CAMAW is going well for me. I did have more sodium than I should have yesterday due to turkey pepperoni and mozzeralla prosciutto sticks, but still dropped weight to the bottom of my range. I wasn't hungry and didn't crave the chocolate chip cookies DH and SIL were eating last night (that's when I had the mozzarella prosciutto sticks).

QOTD: What if anything do you procrastinate about the most? For me, it used to be doing something about my weight, but now I feel like I have dealt with that. I follow my maintenance to-dos like posting here, tracking, weighing, taking vitamins, etc. religiously. BUT I still procrastinate about making personal calls for appointments and following up. I guess I wish they'd just happen automatically...

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Fish of some sort (out to lunch)

D: possibly leftovers from lunch

S: maybe prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 3/7/18 4:57 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Hump Day! We are getting another storm here in Mass - lucky you're not here, Liz. I'm working 1/2 a day in the office and heading home!

CAMAW is going well for me too - I feel smaller and have lost a few lbs. There were some rough moments yesterday when I really, really wanted chocolate. I got through it tho! I made my husband a celery, cuke and onion salad and will admit, I almost cried because I wanted some. I think after Friday I may stay on CAMAW and just add veg until I get back down to my lowest happy weight.

QOTD: I procrastinate about things like cleaning out closets, getting my tax documents together, cleaning out the 2 drawer file cabinet (which I'm sure there is nothing in there worth keeping. What you see looks good, but don't open the closet door or things may fall out at you, haha.

B: scrambled egg with cheese, bacon, iced coffee with whole milk

S: mozz balls, bigelow chai tea with skim milk

L: cottage cheese with chives

D: roasting a chicken (my fav!!)

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 3/7/18 6:16 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

CAMAW is going good for me. I couldn't finish my dinner last night.

Qotd cleaning certain things like the shower but I eventually get it done.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L baby back ribs

D bbq pulled pork

Have a good day

Ladyblu
on 3/7/18 6:36 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

It's been a weird couple of days. It's a long story, but basically my brother is as addicted to alcohol as I was/am to food. He went to a treatment program in Orlando back in the summer, but then went missing from August till two days ago. We got a letter from him and he is now in a different treatment program in Orlando. He's been homeless for years so we are hoping (again) that this is his bottom and he is going to turn a corner. We put together a few essentials (shampoo, toothpaste, socks, etc) and will sending them down to him. We can't have him live with us (been there done that, won't do it again), but we can support him in the ways that are healthy for us. Keep him in your prayers if you would. I totally forgot about the CAMAW challenge so will start that today.

QOTD: I guess the thing that I have been procrastinating about most recently is completing my resume. I have managed to take care of several things that have been lagging for years such as cleaning and purging, but this one I'm still only half finished with and it's been six months! I really need to finish this so I can move on.

M1: Coffee, PP caramel, miralax

M2: LO Ribeye

M3: LO chicken sausage w/ cheese

M4: Meatloaf (no breadcrumbs).

E: Nothing planned

Water/Vits: Got off track and missed several doses over the last two days. Today I will make a serious effort to get back on track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/18 7:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sorry about your brother. My mother was an alcoholic (thankfully recovered for the last 15 years of her life) and I have a BIL with the issue which is making the whole family crazy. Addiction stinks.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 3/7/18 9:59 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm sorry Ladyblu, I tried to imagine my brother homeless and it made my heart hurt. My father is an alcoholic(7 years sober), in and out of treatment centers for most of my adult life. He hit his bottom 7 years ago, finally. Maybe this time it will be your brother's bottom as well!

Jess Says Yes
on 3/7/18 11:23 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I'm sorry about your brother, I can only imagine how difficult that is for you all. I think it's wonderful that you've found a way to support him while still having healthy boundaries! That's hard to do.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

ShirlAus
on 3/7/18 4:33 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Big Hugs Ladyblu x

I understand - lost my sister at 35 to her demons

Heres hoping things improve for him

Jess Says Yes
on 3/7/18 9:59 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys. Feeling some better after lots of sleep. It's pretty out today, so maybe an evening walk after work.

QOTD: it would be easier to answer what I don't procrastinate about. That's always been a problem for me, but I have improved a lot in the last few years.

b - slept through breakfast

l - Protein shake

d - chicken

s - something to help me meet my protein

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 3/7/18 10:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Sounds like a busy and very fun day planned Liz, have a great time!

CAMAW is going okay for me too, a little easier today. The first two days were filled with carb cravings, today is better.

QOTD-I procrastinate horribly over phone calls. I write out a list of calls I have to make, I worry and procrastinate as I make my way through each one. Even personal phone calls, I have always been this way. Second worst procrastination would be bills.

Day 3 CAMAW:

B-Protein pancakes(eggs and ricotta cheese)

L-Vanilla PP shake

S-Chai tea, turkey jerky

D-Shrimp sautéed in olive oil, garlic and lemon, cottage cheese

E-Take Emmy for a walk

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Most Active