Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, June 3, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/18 7:03 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Happy Sunday all! Hope your weekend plans all went well :) Other than being out a lot yesterday, the day wasn't super eventful. Took some food to the aids and nurses who work at my mother's nursing home. I only know a few of them and am unfamiliar with other shifts, but I took enough to last for every shift (hopefully!)

Today going to pull weeds out in my vegetable garden. My dad is in town, so may see him a bit I guess, even if he isn't here to see me which I'm used to by now. After, I'm getting tea out with my friend which will be nice.

Overall, I feel pretty amazing physically the last few days. My fatigue has lifted almost completely and I'm sleeping a lot better. For now though, also, I'm going back to therapy once a week instead of once a month to keep some of my eating issues in control. Working to stop focusing on scale, stop obsessing over what I eat since it's from enjoying planning to being focused on the nutrition and numbers of my diet 100% of my day. Some refreshers and work on coping skills and new things to occupy my brain.

QOTD: Do you keep everything on your computer (notes, to-do lists, calendar), or do you like hand written things?

Other than Myfitnesspal, I prefer handwritten things. I like handwritten to-do lists and notes and I love little personal calendars that fit in my utility belt, and a calendar I can place on my desk.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/3/18 7:31 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I'm glad you are less fatiqued. You are at or close to goal aren't you so you probably did need some more calories?

It is sunny and super breezy here (low 60's). We are going to an Irish Festival with friends so DH is happy (he loves Irish music).

QOTD: I put all my lists on my phone, so I always have them on my iPhone, iPad or MacBook. I have shopping lists, packing lists, to-do lists, reminders for appointments (and vitamins including for DH)... The only time I write anything is on the big white-board calendar/board when they are for DH to do. Sometimes I will print out something like a packing list to use for checking off.

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey (packed to bring with me)

D: Depends on whether we are going out to eat after festival or coming home (small pork tenderloin to cook if home)

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/18 4:33 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That's beautiful weather. I'm jealous of it, it was hot and too windy today here. My hair didn't hold up.

Yes, I am less than 10lbs away now from my goal weight! While I wanted to hold on to the lower carbs and cals until I hit it, I just couldn't function anymore and was willing to try anything even the dreaded calorie upping!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/4/18 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am just blown away by your weight loss. You have been serious about this from the very beginning. You should be SO proud of yourself!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! I am very happy. I am so careful bough because I feel like the moment I'm "comfortable " all my bad habits will come back! The mind game is the real long game lol

Kristi T.
on 6/3/18 8:17 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! So glad you are feeling better Mersh, sounds like you are figuring the calorie balance and energy needs out well. Hope you continue to feel better!

I'm in Denver right now staying with my brother and his family. We ate an amazing meal last night downtown at a place called Linger. All tapas, so it was perfect. Today we are going to farmer's market and doing smoked ribs tonight. I will head out to the Royal Gorge Tuesday, then Grand Junction and on to Salt Lake City.

B-Oatmeal

L-Chicken salad and watermelon

D-Smoked ribs and kale salad

E-Walk with sister-in-law

I hope you call have a great Sunday

Jess Says Yes
on 6/3/18 8:30 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning! I'm so glad you're feeling better Mersh & its awesome that you're taking good care of your mental health too!

Today is Nyah's 8th birthday and her gymnastics recital so it's all about her today! It's hard to believe she is already 8!

QOTD: I love to hand write things as well! I'm a stationary nut I always have a pretty calendar and multiple adorable notebooks for lists & to-dos. And I love a good pen!

b - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

D - Kung pao chicken

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Acedding27
on 6/3/18 9:43 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I've been MIA for awhile woth lots of big life changes. My wife and I both accepted positions teaching in Memphis (We were just over the border in Mississippi.) So, the last week has been a haze of cleaning classrooms and packing up supplies, saying tearful goodbyes to colleagues, etc.

I'm excited for this Summer! I'm hoping to have a lot more time to exercise during June or July. I've started really looking forward to my morning walk.

Qotd: I set phone reminders for everything. I also print out a blank calendar to jot down appointments and such for each month because I like to look at a handwritten one.

B: half an English muffin, sausage patty, cheese

L: premier protein chocolate

D: No idea, we will be at a dinner party

Snacks: salami

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Teresa G.
on 6/3/18 11:17 am, edited 6/3/18 4:18 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I am so ticked. This morning I hear a rustling about in the wall by my bedroom window. IT'S THAT DAMN WOODPECKER! I slapped the wall, it flew off then I ran downstairs all the time wishing I had a shot gun. I check out the eaves by my window (this is quite a ways up, I have a split level) and that @%*&ing bird has pecked a HOLE in my house! Of course, I went off on husband...I had told him about that damn bird months ago! I would put my Alexa on the window sill, with it making owl hoots, but I haven't had it on every minute of daylight.

It must've been a pretty good tantrum, because he took out the ladder so he could climb up and cover the hole. First he shows me PLASTIC netting he was going to cover it with. Are you kidding me? PLASTIC? To keep a woodpecker away? So he found a piece of sheet metal and climbed up the ladder and covered the hole. There's a couple other holes in the eave that the effing bird has made...I think he needs to put sheet metal all along the eaves. And get me a shotgun.

So it's day 11 of my pre-op diet. I have put my scale under my bed. I've gained a pound in 2 days. Mentally, I know that doesn't mean a thing, but emotionally I'm thinking "WTF? I haven't deviated at ALL from this stupid diet."

Sooooo, I'm going to drop my calories just a bit. I've got 2 more days of work and then I'm OFF for over a month! I'm almost more excited about that than I am about surgery. Almost.

QOTD: I write notes...then lose them. Then write another one. Then lose that. I need to start keeping notes on my phone. I never lose that. heheh

Thursday is coming up FAST. I'm starting to freak out just a bit. Just ask my husband.

Not to start anything again, but I've STILL got a lot of clothes to go through. The ones that are too big now, I'm putting in a bin to take to the YWCA or Goodwill. They are all 20's or 3x's. I'm not getting rid of anything that fits now, but I'm hoping I will need to before I get back to work. I can't WAIT to wear all the fabulous tops I have that are currently too small. Many of them I've NEVER worn as I bought them thinking, "I just need to lose a few lbs and this will fit!" Anyone else ever do that?

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/18 4:28 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

The scale and I have had to call it quits. I locked it up, but I have an aggressive need to know that I am having to deal with.

There's a woodpecker in my yard that hammers a tree every morning, drives me insane when he does it.

Most Active