Significant Others

Laura in Texas
on 8/15/18 5:08 pm

I just read your blog. I am so sorry about the death of your son. After reading about the history with your husband, it is not surprising to me that he is not commenting on your weight loss.

I hope you are going to couples therapy. Or if he won't go with you, I hope you are discussing your marriage with your therapist.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Shannon S.
on 8/16/18 3:32 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

That is unfortunate. I'm lucky to have a very supportive and complementary hubs. Yours could be fearful of complications. I have no idea your dynamic, but if your relationship is dysfunctional now it is sure to be worse later. Men often become insecure as there SO becomes more attractive and confident. If he's loving and wonderful, reassure him that you will still love him when you are at your best. I did this for my husband (and I meant it). It seemed to ease some insecurities.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/18 4:52 am

So sorry for your loss and for having to deal with your husband not giving you the emotional and loving support you need.

GrammySusan
on 8/17/18 8:24 am

I knew what to expect when i remarried him. We are retired. God gives me strength for each day and God has blessed us with two beautiful grandkids we get to watch very often. Taking life a day at a time i have the Joy of the Lord for my strength. I just needed to share my struggle. Thank you all for caring!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views