Revision

Jadeyesmiling
on 3/17/19 11:05 am
VSG on 02/08/16

No, I haven't been tracking. I need to get back to that. Good tip while I am waiting for my surgeon who will probably hook me back up with the nutritionist. Its difficult to get an appointment when working a split shift so I stopped making the effort worrying that I would be late for work. (school bus driver)

I turned 50 Monday so all of a sudden everything just got really serious. Like I don't want to be stuck here not enjoying my life, its more than half over. Sheesh.

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

Valerie G.
on 3/29/19 1:04 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I also recommend the DS as a revision, however the closest DS surgeons are in NY and NJ.

The sleeve was actually derived from the DS. It used to be done in two parts, the sleeve first, then a year or 100lb loss later the DS would be finished. Enough people saw enough success that it gained respect as a stand-alone procedure.

Some of us need more, and the 200 lbs you've lost still makes you a tremendous success by sleeve expectations. The DS will alter how you metabolize food, as many of the SMO are also super-absorbers, where their body holds on to every morsel or calorie with a kung-fu death grip.

Today the DS is usually done in only one stage, but for those who want to try the sleeve first, they can get approval for a 2-part DS, so the revision is approved already down the road should they need it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views