That just happened

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/19 1:39 pm

Awe thank you!

jmk187
on 9/20/19 4:36 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Wow Jen congrats..that sure came fast huh? In my experience it doesn't get any worst than the first hours and days after surgery...but goodness it's true what they say "everyone tolerates pain differently" maybe it's because I was a higher weight than you on surgery day or maybe I'm just a wimp? Lol but the first day after surgery was hell and I for sure had regretted the surgery at first when I couldn't lift my self up out of the bed because the abdominal pain was so much. It's a horrible feeling to not be able to get up from laying on your back without someone helping you. Once I got up tho I was walking with no issues. With each day the pain was a little less..and for me the 8th day was when the pain was completely gone.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/19 4:52 pm

You gotta remember I talked in my first post about a tummy tuck gone wrong and I ended up in a wound vac and was sick for months. I think that pain could have heightened my pain threshold. So it's kinda a silver lining right? Lol part of my stomach is still numb. I posted pics on my page of the big hole in my tummy and my incisions.

TheWombat
on 9/21/19 12:22 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

You have such an exciting time ahead of you. I've already had my surgery and am getting close to goal, and I don't want to start over. And yet... I always feel a tiny twinge of jealousy when someone announces they've just had surgery! Part of me wants to relive the excitement of watching the weight come off and realising that finally my body is working with me instead of fighting me every step of the way.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling great today!

White Dove
on 9/21/19 1:18 pm, edited 9/21/19 6:19 am - Warren, OH

The saddest thing I see is people being advised to just stay off the scale. Watching the scale go down everyday was a lot of fun.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/19 4:50 pm

Well I'm finishing our day 2 post op! I've walked 4300 steps today and managed to get ALL my fluids in. My pain is minimal mainly just a gas pain here and there. I haven't developed any cravings yet at all. And I don't think I've pushed to the "full point" yet because I've had zero pain while drinking or sipping broth. I just went to Best Buy with my mom to get a new charger for my Fitbit. Came home and strained a lot of the broth from the roast I made for the kids in the crock pot. Omg that was sooo tasty! Pot roast is my absolute favorite food and I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't crave the meat at all. Still knocking on wood over here but, im feeling great, super excited and still thankful that I'm blessed with a smooth ride so far. Thank you all for the kind comments! I didn't tell anyone at work and only very few friends and less family that I was Having surgery. Felt like it is a private thing they don't all need to know. So it is nice that people I don't really know are so supportive and thoughtful.

jmk187
on 9/25/19 6:10 am
VSG on 02/13/19

For me that was the best part of the surgery.."the ability to resist eating foods" and 7 months out I still find that it's so much easier to resist eating foods I once felt like I had no self control over. There has been several holiday's and special occasions now where I have not returned to my old habits and it's wonderful.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views