5 weeks out, very slow going.

Lesakfc
on 9/30/19 9:26 am
VSG on 08/22/19

Hello everyone. I'm new here and thankful for this forum. The last 4 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds. I have not returned to work so been home bored too long. I return to work next week. I'm hoping returning to work and being more active will help "jump-start" my weight loss.

Has anyone else experienced such a setback?

hollykim
on 9/30/19 10:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM Pacific Time, Lesakfc wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm new here and thankful for this forum. The last 4 weeks I have only lost 2 pounds. I have not returned to work so been home bored too long. I return to work next week. I'm hoping returning to work and being more active will help "jump-start" my weight loss.

Has anyone else experienced such a setback?

what is your post op diet include?

White Dove
on 9/30/19 12:13 pm - Warren, OH

Something seems to be wrong here. The first four weeks are rapid weight loss. Are you taking in high calorie drinks? I can't imagine you could be taking in much food, but I could be wrong.

Weight loss is not from the surgery, it is from the tiny amount of calories that we eat after the surgery. I know people who were told to drink things like Boost, that have about 350 calories per serving. That could jeopardize the weight loss considerably.

Please post what you are eating and drinking and we will do our best to help you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/30/19 1:57 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Most people lose a lot of weight in the first few weeks, have a bit of a stall, and then the weight loss slows down to a pound or two per week. The rapid loss does not sustain itself and most folks take 9 - 12 months to reach goal.

Search this site for "3 week stall," most people experience a slowdown at the end of the first month.

What are you eating right now? How many calories?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Frank_M
on 10/6/19 5:53 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

I have had several stalls, even shortly after surgery. My surgeon talked about people with "low bmi" (35-40) and how it will take a full 12-18 months to reach goal. Hydrating will help aid your weight loss.

Dinalynn70
on 1/9/20 3:47 pm
VSG on 12/10/19

I was told the same as far as weight loss. I am a month out tomorrow and my starting BMI was 35.2. I had surgery due to a medical condition. They told me it would take 10-12 months for me to get down to my goal weight.

Frank_M
on 1/9/20 3:56 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

I had surgery 5/14/19. My bmi then was 38. As of today its 28. Still have a little way to go to hit my goal but I'm happy with my progress.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views