Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/19 4:40 pm

Tomorrow is 2 weeks!? I'm still feeling great. I went back to work on Monday and though I was a little tired when I got home, don't know if it was just a crappy day or if I wore myself out. Surgery is hard work regardless of having sleeve or not. Tuesday was better and I managed to sneak and get sips every chance I got. Still only got to around 20 while working, and lunch sucks because I only have 30 mins to eat, so I can't drink then lol

im not an everyday scale kinda girl so I've not weighed in since week 1. I'm weighing first thing tomorrow. I'm optimistic since I've followed the diet and haven't even had the inkling to cheat. I'm still getting my protein and water goal in everyday. Also I've been getting double the steps I did before going back to work so I'm getting around 12k a day. If I haven't lost a significant amount I'll probably be upset. But I know I have to trust the process! So wish me luck!

zeek70
on 10/9/19 9:24 am

Good luck to you, Jen!

I'm having my sleeve surgery Oct. 22. Can you share a little of your experience with me?

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/19 4:02 pm

Heyyy sorry I haven't been on here in awhile! My experience has been great! I hope you are doing well too! As of Friday I was 3 weeks post op. I weigh on Sunday's and as of this morning I'm down 17lbs! I've had no pain, haven't gotten sick and haven't had any foods disagree with me, yet! Lol I WILL say I'm getting burnt out on the protein shakes/drinks. Artificial protein in general actually I can taste it no matter how I try to hide it. And I just hate it. Which sucks cuz that's where I was getting my big boost to start the day. So I'm trying to figure that out.
how are you feeling??

zeek70
on 10/14/19 8:52 am

I am still a week away from surgery... so, at this point, I'm feeling anxious. I'm glad to hear that your experience has been a good one. A loss of 17 pounds is fantastic in such a short time period! I know what you are saying about the protein shakes. They generally suck! I like Carnation Instant Breakfast Light Start and Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Vanilla Bean shakes the best, but both have less protein (16 vs. 30) and approximately the same amount of calories. I've been drinking Premier Protein oreo flavor. It's tolerable. I'll let you know how I do. I hope your success continues!

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/19 9:04 am

Yes! Please keep me posted! Don't stress yourself out! You'll do fine!

zeek70
on 10/27/19 2:21 pm

I had my surgery on Tuesday with no complications. My mid-section is swollen, but I've taken no pain meds. I'm currently on clear liquids, eating about 100-200 calories per day, and walking 30 minutes daily. I'm not hungry. I have my first post-op visit on Oct. 30. I am looking forward to full liquids. Praying this works!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views