trouble getting enough down.

TheWombat
on 11/14/19 12:14 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

How are things going for you now? Are you feeling any better?

Komatos
on 11/15/19 1:34 pm
VSG on 10/28/19

id honestly like to say its gotten better. But the last couple days the pain has come back with a vengeance >< sometime earlier thi week i think Monday the mrs made stuffed bell pepper for her and my mom. i probably wasn't very smart and took a small bite of the ground beef in the tomato sauce and a bite of the peppers. little while later my insides were not feeling great then about 4-5 hrs later i got pretty nauseous so i had a 2 small pieces of Canned pears in water. sadly the nausea got worse and i ended up dry heaving for a while then puked out a bit of the pear and some water/bile other then being nauseous things were better by the time i woke up.

Sadly that wasn't my only mistake this week >< mum brought some pizza home for her and the Mrs. and i like a dummy pulled 2 bites of cheese off the end of the pizza and ate it. i didn't really feel bad or anything for a few ours. then i don't know if i moved wrong or it was caused by the cheese but my stomach hurt pain wise, and sadly it has not gone away.

I have been taking my dogs for a walk with the mrs when she comes home from work . to make sure i get my exercise in. and yesterday my Black lab started pulling alot cuz a bird flew by usually i walk our little collie mix instead of the lab and i dunno if its cuz i was using my left had at the time she pulled or what but the rest of the walk my insides *mainly my stomach and larger incision site. hurt the rest of the walk and the pain has been pretty constant since. if i sit at my computer and lean to my left it feels like im a split my side open. and getting out of bed this morning to find my glasses cuz they fell of my stand hurt ALOT. I kn ow i should probably be dong more stretches to try and stretch it just a little but man i have not had the energy and don't want the pain to get worse if i mess it up. i did get a shake down yesterday and a bit of yogurt with protine the night before. I might have to put some apple sauce or something in the yogurt cuz plain Greek yogurt with some prontie tasted like sour cream and that wasn't pleasant at all.

Lastly my mouth has been SOOOOOOO dry almost constantly for the last 3 weeks. i drink and drink and drink and it just is always dry. and its worse when i wake up. i sleep with a CPAP and my enter mouth tongue lips cheeks throat ect all are SOOOOO completely dry that its like sand paper whenever they touch. Not sure what to do there.

Sorry to rant and complain ive been up about 45 min and i am a bit rambly. Debating on calling my surgeons office. and see what they have to say wondering if it might lessen a bit now that im awake. i don't know. I understand that there is about a 98% chance i wont speak to the surgeon and will just instead be talking to a receptionist or PA.

Still not getting much in my body on the side of my nutrients cuz im still not eating much. But i am taking my vitamins alot better.

Kinda bummed to be spending my birthday if the pain persists tomorrow in pain not wanting to move.

Thank you everyone for your comments! i appreciate them.

TheWombat
on 11/15/19 3:04 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad I asked. Personally, I think you should call your surgeon's office, and make a fuss if they don't take you seriously. That's not meant to alarm you; I suspect whatever is going wrong can easily be fixed with the right treatment. Make a list and tell them about all your symptoms: the dry mouth, the pain in the side, the nausea, the vomiting, etc. And if they don't help, contact your primary care physician. I would insist on having someone examine you, if only to put your mind at ease.

I see you're 18 days post-op. At this point the only pain I would expect you to feel would be if you eat something you're not ready for, and even that should normally go away in an hour or two. You should be able to move freely, but you will probably get tired very easily.

The pain in your side concerns me. An occasional twinge might be normal, but what you describe makes me wonder if you have an infection (which could also explain the nausea). Have you checked to see if you have a fever? Are your incisions warm? Your incisions should be closed up and no longer reddish.

You say you drink and drink and drink. Maybe you're drinking often, but are you drinking enough? At this point you should be able to get a full 64 oz of fluid. If not, you may be dehydrated, which could explain the dry mouth and the nausea. If that's the problem, an IV will make you feel a lot better very quickly.

Incidentally, about the cheese and yoghurt: some people develop lactose intolerance, or have it worsen, after WLS. I'm not suggesting that's happening to you, but you might try avoiding dairy completely for a day or two to see if you feel better.

If your CPAP mask only covers your nose, or if it slips, you might be breathing through your mouth. That happens to me sometimes, and gives me a dry mouth and throat, but it only lasts perhaps 15 minutes. (You might need a new mask, or to adjust your current one.) If you have a dry mouth all day, that is unusual!

There are mouthwashes and oral gels that can help with the dry mouth, but I think you need to find out what's causing it first. Otherwise you might just be masking the symptoms.

I hope you feel better soon, and start to enjoy your brand new life.

Komatos
on 11/15/19 11:01 pm
VSG on 10/28/19

Thank you for the Response! yea my cpap mask is full face around the nose and mouth it is the airfit f20 to be exact. i have the F30 as well but that one i have to take back cuz it causes me a ton of problems the corners of my nose got all messed up the 2 times ive used it and hurt my nostrils. and just as the other one gave me REALLY dry mouth.

I know the pain first started when i had that little bit of hamburger. witch i ate at the beginning of week 3 and im beginning to think it was way to soon. i looked at my paper and i might have miss understood its recommendations it says its acceptable during weeks 3-6 but i wasn't sure if that ment after 3 weeks or the start of week 3.

I had really bad lactose intolerance prior. cheese never really affected me much some yogurt greek not so much but the others usually did. and milk the more milk fat in it the worse it was for me.

Im not sure if the heaving might have pulled something slightly earlier and then yesterday i was walking my dog and she pulled pretty hard when i was holding the leash on the left side. and im not sure if something was pulled again or more or whatever. I had very little pain most of last week i even stopped taking my pain medicine for almost a week. now when i try to take it it makes me SUPER nauseous. I tried to call my surgeons office today and sadly they closed early today so i wasn't able to get in with them my PCP is out on some kinda vacation she takes more vacations then any one i know so i might have to wait till Monday. I don't trust the ER here in my town to do anything so i wont go threre unless there's blood or something happening.

the incisions are all healing nicely. Had the mrs feel them to see if they were hot. The big one felt a little warm to me but then again my hands are cold. She said they all felt fine not hot just the same temp as my belly. We also took my temp and its at 96.3 so im not running a fever thankfully. Sadly right now it hurts to lean forward it hurts to stand up and stretch it out, or leaning to the side to far. i don't really understand. if it progresses way worse i might have to head to reno and go to the hospital there. cuz i wont here. they will probably kill me haha only slightly joking

as the water i dunno you might be right i might not be getting enough water thru the day even though it feels like its all i do. I am not sure if its cuz of my dry mouth woke up this morning and it was crazy dry twice. but everything all waters propel everything has tasted ick to me. and my mouth feels like ti has a film on it. Bought some biotene mouth wash small bottle to see if it will help a little bit. will diffidently bring it up to my doctor and will probly be seeing him before my next scheduled apt. with is the 27th with surgeons office and 25th for my PCP

on a side note I might have tried something else i should have had. i cut up a mushroom and put it in the toaster oven sprinkled with a little bit of garlic salt. ended up tossing half of it cuz i felt full. its a little uncomfortable but not like it was with the stuffed pepper bite. i think i just need to cut it out and go back to my liquid **** for a couple weeks and stop trying to push ahead.

Thanks again for all the advice and everything it has really made me stop and think about whats going on. and re affirmed my need to call the hospital right away Monday morning. i know its not what i should be doing but the pain is there with every step if my tummy isnt supported and it caused me to not go for my walk with the dogs this afternoon. But i did go to the Walmart with the MRs for house stuff and got almost the same amount of steps in just slightly less.

TheWombat
on 11/16/19 6:45 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I do think you're progressing your diet too quickly. Stick to things that you know you tolerate well for the moment. When you've had a couple of days without digestive problems, try one new food. If you tolerate that well, you can continue to eat it, but don't add anything new to your diet for a couple more days. Repeat this for each new food. Also, one thing I've learned on the forum is that each person is different, and a food that most people can handle at week 4 may cause someone else trouble until they are several months out.

I had lactose intolerance before surgery, but I was OK with cheese and yoghurt. After surgery I was doing well, but then I drank an Actimel and the pain was bad! Much worse than when I tried some other food my stomach wasn't ready for. So I do think it would be a good idea for you to avoid all dairy until you've had several days with no stomach trouble.

Good luck to you, and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views