Post op eating

Taylenmuret
on 8/18/20 5:51 pm
VSG on 07/20/20

Hello,

I had the sleeve gastrectomy 5 weeks ago. I had a few complications including internal bleeding and had to have 2 blood transfusions. I am finally starting to feel a little more normal but have found that eating has become quite stressful and I don't really enjoy it anymore. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and how did you get passed it? I greatly appreciate your time and support!

Thank you,

Taylen Muret

catwoman7
on 8/19/20 4:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not sure if you're still having medical issues related to the surgery and that's why you're finding eating stressful, or if it's just the somewhat normal reaction to food a lot of us have the first few months after surgery. I could have cared less about food the first four or five months and really didn't enjoy eating anymore. In fact, I had to remind myself to eat so I wouldn't get sick. To be honest, I wi**** was still like that for me - it was so easy to lose weight when I didn't really want to eat. My hunger came roaring back (as it does for most of us) at about five months out, and things got a lot harder after that (as in - harder to make myself stick to my plan because I wanted to eat again!!)

White Dove
on 8/19/20 2:17 pm - Warren, OH

Most of us look back longingly to those days after weight loss surgery when our appetite was completely gone and a few bites felt like overeating. Enjoy the feeling. It is the reason that the weight comes off so quickly and easily. It probably will not last.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views