Anyone else have abnormal esophageal motility after sleeve & hernia repair?

farewell2fat
on 4/8/23 10:06 pm, edited 4/9/23 10:09 am - Apopka, FL

Hi, my 27 year old son is 5 weeks out from sleeve surgery & large hernia repair. He's done well with recovery other than some intermittent vomiting after eating. We thought maybe he was eating too much, too fast & not chewing his food thoroughly. It concerned me enough to contact his doctor. I had the sleeve back in 2011 & never remember having vomiting like he's had. His bariatric surgeon ordered an Upper GI with contrast. It shows abnormal esophageal motility & a severe spasm at the GE junction. No reflux or hernia noted. He had significant acid reflux prior to surgery. Doctor is going to do an endoscopy on him next week. I guess the technician/doctor at his upper GI said he had narrowing of the esophagus & would most likely need dilation. But his report reads that his esophagus is normal in caliber? So I'm confused. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help because I'm really worried.

MichealWunsch
on 11/26/23 11:35 pm, edited 11/27/23 11:41 am

It makes sense that you are afraid about your son's health. You might find it helpful to talk to his bariatric surgeon about your worries and questions at the next endoscopy visit bloons tower defense.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views