cherrilo’s Posts

cherrilo
on 8/4/20 12:34 pm
Topic: RE: Nausea

Nausea resolved on its own, but chronic fatigue has taken its place. I truly give up

cherrilo
on 3/6/20 9:09 am
Topic: RE: Nausea

Hello I am about 2 1/2 years out, I have gained about half of the weight I lost back and recently for about 2 week I have been having some nausea, I have not vomited, but there are times I feel like I could.

This has been my life's struggle to loose weight, and my second failed weight loss surgery. Part of me says this is what God wants? The other part is angry and sad. One of the biggest reasons I have had surgery is because I have osteoarthritis, and my pain at times is unbearable, and I want to be NORMAL sized what ever that is???

Seriously very frustrated. Any way, just wanted some feed back about the nausea.

What do you think it could be caused by?

Thanks for listening.

Cherri

cherrilo
on 11/15/17 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: Holidays and VSG

I have been researching low carb stuffing and a few other things, I figure I will do the traditional stuff for the family, but at the same time trying something new just for me. I think I will miss the wine the most. LOL My son and I learned a few years ago that all that work is not so bad if you can drink wine. LOL And you are all right about the focus is family. also things are not as difficult to do with that extra 50 lbs off my body. I can do this and I will still enjoy all it brings. Thank you all for the support!!

cherrilo
on 11/15/17 9:33 am
Topic: RE: Holidays and VSG

Holidays are on the way, I am 4 months out post VSG and down 50lbs. I am not looking forward to cooking thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner! In the past, my family has always had fun cooking together. Tasting everything as it is being made. We drink glass of wine or 3 and its always made the task so much more enjoyable. This year it will be very different for me.

It seem I avoid social situations that involve food or alcohol because I know its something I cant have.

Any suggestions how to get through the holidays with out feeling stress and not normal.

cherrilo
on 9/6/17 7:56 am
Topic: RE: Hungry?

I was told to drink as much liquids also, but part of the liquids are the protein drinks, carnation instant breakfast with whey protein powder mixed in. The Goal is 60 grams of protein..

cherrilo
on 9/5/17 7:03 am
Topic: RE: Hungry?

I was barely able to get the protein drinks down for 2 weeks post op, broth and jello also were slow going.

I am 6 weeks out and just starting to feel hungry. I am eating soft food and pureed food still. things still feel really tight for the most part.

still feeling tired a lot of the time, but that's because of not meeting my protein goal. I keep trying though..

Good luck!

cherrilo
on 8/23/17 6:12 am
Topic: RE: 3 weeks Post OP What to expect

I am following the diet that my Dr has given me, for soft food and pureed foods.

the Butter nut squash has protein there is chicken stock and milk in it. and is also on my list of ok things its not like I am eating a lot of it, as that to is a struggle. But thank you for your input and it does help me think of protein before anything at this point. I actually had a protein shake for breakfast this morning. Hopefully that will give me a boost in my liquids and my protein for the day!! And it doesn't take me as long to drink that as it does to try to eat any thing.

I used to love food, now I have no interest. I think if I didn't have to put something into my body I just wouldn't...

cherrilo
on 8/22/17 6:17 am

I am struggling on all fronts with liquids and soft pureed foods. I have not been doing the protein shakes because my Dr. said I didn't have to any more. Just doing the best that I can. Protein still to low and liquids not enough! I tried to have butternut squash soup for dinner and couldn't to more than a few bites.

Every day is different... almost like when I had the band... ugh

cherrilo
on 8/17/17 6:23 am

That makes sense!! I do have a therapist that I am seeing tomorrow and I have been seeing, so I am on top of that. however it seems to be a struggle to get anything in at this time, I am just starting the soft food and pureed stage, and its only been a few days. I am trying to figure out what I can get in with out to much discomfort. I did have a hiatal hernia repair also and the Dr said it could be tight for a while. I may have to supplement protein shakes between meals to even get close to the 60 grams.

I can only get like 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food in at a time. I really have no appetite and eat only because of necessity. I know this to shall pass and I just have to keep going. I will get to that new normal soon I hope. Thank you for your input and encouragement!!

cherrilo
on 8/16/17 12:36 pm

thank you, this helps a lot.

cherrilo
on 8/16/17 6:20 am

cottage cheese refried bean cheese pureed chicken. and soups pureed..

my first thing I tried was mashed potatoes and I only had like 1/4 cup, and ended up in the bathroom... ugh. everything goes down very slow, and feels gross.

cherrilo
on 8/16/17 6:10 am

I am 3 weeks post VGS, at my first follow up I have only lost 10lbs. Just feels like it should be more. I have been struggling emotionally, like I am morning the loss of food. Does this get better? I am on soft foods, finally finished with the liquid shakes, but not getting enough protein. I am lucky I get in 500-700 calories a day, and 20-30 gm of protein. I have been feeling very tired and I have no energy. Not sure what to do.

cherrilo
on 4/19/17 1:08 pm
Topic: RE: Insurance approval

Congrats!!! Good luck

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views