michele1’s Posts

michele1
on 7/14/15 8:22 am
Topic: RE: I'm on the bench

Yeah...you made it too!!!! So glad you posted, the support here has made the difference!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

michele1
on 7/14/15 1:00 am
Topic: RE: Protein gms required for muscle gains

I lifted / will lift again once healed heavy weights and used to eat half my body weight in protein.....I liked how I looked at goal weight.....for me i'd rather be buff than thin  plus lifting is the only thing that motivates to get me to the gym lol!!!!

michele1
on 7/12/15 7:03 am
Topic: RE: Laparascopic surgeries after VSG

Not true , I had my lapband laproscopic, had colon resection due to colon rectal cancer laproscopic and just had my band removed, hernia repair, scar tissue removed and sleeve done laproscopically with no complications.

michele1
on 7/12/15 6:53 am
Topic: RE: Revise from band to Sleeve

I am only a few days out from my revision but I know I made the right decision, it can only get better from here right? I just started full liquids today so I am a happy camper!!! You'll do great....we'll do this together. 

michele1
on 7/12/15 6:22 am
Topic: RE: long time new guy

Just had revision from band to sleeve and all his sIeeve patients have to do Pepcid complete 2x a day for 6 months. He said because the body still produces the same amout of acid even though the stomach is smaller, said it takes about 6 months for the body to catch up.....so sounds normal to me. Had heartburn on clear liquids but started full this morning and none.

michele1
on 7/12/15 5:53 am
Topic: RE: Thank you.....home now!!!!!

Well actually came home Friday evening but wasn't feeling too good. Thank you for all the well wishes Wednesday morning before surgery it made a difference! 

My band was removed, a hernia I never knew I had was repaired and of course my sleeve. Had extreme nausea and vomiting for 20 hours from anesthesia ( nothing new for me) no damage to the sleeve and no leaks per the upper gi so good to go!!!

I had the worse pain yesterday, more than after surgery, but on the mend thanks to all the awesome advice I got here which helped me to know what to expect and what is normal. Full liquids today yeah!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!

michele1
on 7/7/15 1:49 pm
Topic: RE: loosing lap band for sleeve?

Sure.will, staying near hospital tonight......scared sh***** lol!!!!!

michele1
on 7/6/15 10:01 pm, edited 7/6/15 10:02 pm
Topic: RE: VSG Weds morning.

I am having my band taken out and sleeve done together Wednesday morning as well...and right there with you.....can't back out because the band needs to go no choice there.

Scared of the nausea and vomiting, I have a terrible time with anesthesia and getting IV's put in (no good veins hard stick). Well at least I know I won't be alone........will be thinking of you, I think we have this, no I know we've got this!!!!!

michele1
on 7/5/15 3:47 pm
Topic: RE: Im afraid I won't recognize a leak if I have one

I am having my band to VSG on Wednesday and my surgeon says that he checks for leaks during and after most have to drink a blue liquid and see if it shows up in the drain, for me I have to have a upper GI because of the band to sleeve. That put me at ease, so ask him if he does that, it seems pretty standard.

My surgeon also said that because I am 2 1/2 hours away I can stay for up to three days if I don't feel I can handle the ride. Being that I have to go back there for post op one week later I might stay for a few days in the area. I had to ask if he charges more for that because I am self pay for the sleeve part LOL.....

We will do fine, there are risks in anything......heck the sleeve has to be better than the problems I had with my band!

michele1
on 7/2/15 6:06 pm
Topic: RE: Heartburn after 6 months

Awesome responses thanks, very much appreciated!!!!!

michele1
on 7/2/15 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: loosing lap band for sleeve?

Following........ I am having my lapband to sleeve surgery 7/8 self pay so hoping it is everything the band wasn't!

michele1
on 6/30/15 10:26 am, edited 6/30/15 10:27 am
Topic: RE: Heartburn after 6 months

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I will be revising from the band to the sleeve on July 8th and are getting nervous. During the preop visit on Friday I was told that I would have to take Pepcid complete twice a day for six months and the reason for it.

My question is does everyone have continuous heartburn with the sleeve after the adjustment period is over? The only time I had heartburn was if my band was too tight, never any other time so it is not a current issue for me.

Thanks, I just think I am freaking out as "the big day" gets closer LOL.

michele1
on 6/17/15 11:48 am
Topic: RE: Any suggestions for alternatives

Oooh, I will have to try that!!!

michele1
on 6/17/15 6:54 am
Topic: RE: Sensitivities

Not sure if you can only use Whey protein but I use NOW egg white protein powder along with water, cacao and liquid chocolate stevia. The egg white protein has nothing but egg whites and Stevia for me is better than Splenda which gives me tingling along with gastric problems.

michele1
on 6/17/15 6:49 am

Thank you Ladies, these night sweats and flashes really get me.......it's going to be a long two weeks!!! I appreciate your responses!

michele1
on 6/16/15 4:31 pm

I am scheduled for my band to sleeve revision on July 8th. I am premenopausal and take black cohosh and other herbs to help a little with night sweats and hot flashes. The herbs are on my list of supplements to stop taking two weeks before surgery I am dreading doing without those more than the liquid pre op diet lol.

Anyone experience this and any suggestions to alternatives that work? Will do what I have to especially understanding the reasons for not taking them just wondering what worked for others.

Thanks!

michele1
on 6/16/15 3:40 pm
Topic: RE: Getting off the crack!

Sugar IS crack for me.......taking glutamine really helped me with the sugar cravings, took the edge off.  Now stevia and Xylitol are enough for me. 

michele1
on 6/6/15 5:38 pm
Topic: RE: SURGERY BOOKED!!!

My band to sleeve revision has been scheduled for July 8th!!!

michele1
on 6/3/15 7:51 am
Topic: RE: Excited Surgery Date Scheduled, however, Needing a Upper Endscopy

Wow that is a good price I am paying $14,150.00 for the sleeve portion of my revision from the lap band. Mine only covers the Surgeon, Anesthesiologist and one night hospital stay.

You would think because I am getting the band removed at the same time it would be less expensive LOL.

So far my insurance has covered my pre op testing, I think with the exception of the EKG....if they do I will say it is for the band removal hopefully that will fly.

michele1
on 5/31/15 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: Band to Sleeve Revision-Weight loss?

Following......had my band in June 08, needs to be removed due to minor slip and esophageal dilation. Will get my surgery day Monday when I make 1st payment. Lost 90 pounds with the band gained back 30 over the last few years. Hoping to get back to my lowest band weight and maybe an extra 10 so I will be following :-)

michele1
on 5/28/15 11:32 am
Topic: RE: Lapband to sleeve revision were you able to lose weight?

Ladies can't thank you enough, my auth for the removal has come through and I think I have decided on the sleeve. I only want to lose 30-40 pounds so I think that is one other reason the sleeve is so appealing to me. 

From what I hear that with the dilation the sleeve might not be the best thing and I will call my surgeons office to discuss that further....I am not thinking it was too bad of a dilation because I didn't have any symptoms.

Scary to be doing both at the same time, hopefully they can schedule it soon...will keep you posted and will continue to lurk for more information!! This board is the best, support I feel was paramount in my success with the band!

michele1
on 5/28/15 9:31 am

Thank you everyone!!!! The sleeve for me will be self pay due to my insurance only paying for the removal (Tricare) so I really needed to hear that it can be successful. I know I will have to work at it just like I did with the band.

The Bypass wasn't something I wanted back when I had my band put in so not sure why I would consider it now even if it might be paid for well ok that might be it lol (I don't think so though because Tricare has a one weight loss surgery per lifetime clause). I may also have Lynch Syndrome which if I do then he won't do the bypass because it would make my stomach inaccessible. 

So thank you all once again, I am going to work on getting the money together as I do other research, I think this is all going to happen real fast as he seemed in a hurry to get the band out.

I will be lurking till I become a sleeve sista...........thanks again!!!

michele1
on 5/27/15 12:11 pm

Hello had the band in 2008, was told I have a slip and Esophageal dilation considering revision to sleeve. Did you lose weight and or how much weight did you lose after, I was told it wasn't that good. I was successful with the band but gained some back due to complications. Posting on revision board as well, thanks in advance!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views