Gained a little

amber1982
on 4/24/11 5:28 am
So I had surgery October 5 2009. Best day of my life I'd like to add. I had no complications, except dysentary for a month, that was fun. So it's been a year and a half since then, My lowest weight was 173, 2 lbs under goal of 175...YAY. BUT I started working in a call center last November I sit in a cubicle all day and talk to old people on the phone and if you have ever been in this work environment you'll know call centers are notorious for extremely overweight employees. Since I started working there I gained back 15 lbs. 189 now. I got a little scared as you could imagine, I have heard the stories about people gaining back all their weight and that scares the **** out of me...I never wanna be there again. Anyone else have similar experinces...Please share. We're all in this together!
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

jlmartin
on 4/24/11 6:46 am - Random Lake, WI
15 begets 30 and before you know it you'll be posting "gained 50 and miserable."

So pick some number and never go over that. Eat less and move more as needed.
dianes7676
on 4/24/11 10:06 pm - Tucson, AZ
I've been working in a call center as well and have gained 15 lbs. Sitting all day is the kiss of death. To combat this I got a small pedal contraption I have under my desk and use it throughout the day.  I also see some with weights to exercise arms that I'm going to try.  I ususally walk during lunch. I still have a problem w/boredom and when I'm bored I eat. Potlucks are also frequent and someone is always bringing donuts, still warm from the local donut shop! I have no control. 

I was thinking of doing the Dr. Oz diet for healthy eating but don't think there's enough protein.  I don't no if I can do the 5 day pouch test as much as I would like to.  Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Thanks for posting this.

Diane
Surgery day: 252  Current: 180 Goal: 135

jlmartin
on 4/24/11 11:38 pm - Random Lake, WI
Offices have donuts and potlucks to be sure; but, there may also be charity walk/run events as well.

Worst case, convince the Coffee Klatch to start training for a 5K.

Kim S.
on 4/24/11 11:36 pm - Helena, AL
I work in an office--on my butt all day long.  I have not gained back 1 lb. 

Friends--don't succumb to gimmick diets and fads.  You KNOW what works.  Follow the rules of your surgeries.....and most importantly.......GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND EXERCISE!!  Everyday.  You must make this part of your life for sustained weight maintenance.

You don't have to pass on every pot luck, or every donut.  Moderation is the key.  And if you exercise and build some muscles, your metabolism will work like it is supposed to.  I do not live by deprivation AND I DO NOT DIET.  I have what I want in moderation.  For instance, I was all up in the Easter candy yesterday....but I also did a P90X workout and tonight I'll run 4 miles.  I also wont have any extras for a few days. 

I live by the 80/20 rule.  I make good choices 80% of the time.  And I always follow the basic rules:  vitamins every day, exercise at least 5x a week, no sodas, no drinking while eating or for 30 mins after I eat protein first.

This is a lifetime of change and commitment.  We will always be obese, just in remission.  Don't let your job keep you from meeting your goals.  Work around it and build in exercise.  And next time those donuts come around, have a piece of fruit or a Kashi bar handy.

I wish you the best.

Kim

KittenLove
on 4/25/11 5:55 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I swear to God -- do you know how many times I don't post a response b/c yours says exactly what mine would.

Be happy. 

Kim S.
on 4/25/11 10:54 pm - Helena, AL
We'll just ditto each other! 

allichristine
on 4/27/11 6:02 am
amber- Your situation is SO familiar. I too had surgery June 2009- no complications lowest weight was 171 and now up to 189 too!I also work in a call center where the candy flows like wine. When I read this post it made me feel so much better because someone else was experiencing the same issues. We both know that scared feeling and I REFUSE to gain anymore...in fact I felt good at about 175 so that is my goal.

We need to get back to basics- I have been letting things that aren't good for me into my diet. Some people say everything in moderation, but I know bread and sugar are triggers for me- so I should avoid them. Also, I haven't been taking my vitamins, having enough protein, or exercizing enough.

I think it would be really helpful for me to have someone be my back on track "buddy" if you're interested- let me know.

I know we can do this, we just can't keep thinking that it will go away on its own. Or avoid it.
Thanks so much for this post!

Highest 313, Lowest 172, Now 196, Goal 165
amber1982
on 5/17/11 12:31 pm
My goal was 175 too! I got down to 174. I now want to be 150. So I got laid off from the call center job it was actually there as a temp but ended up there for 7 months. I now have more time to exercise but also more time to linger around the fridge and mess around on the computer. I'm really trying to stay motivated and get to the gym atleast 5 times a week. Which reminds me. I need to get off the computer right now and walk over to the gym.
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

goddessofthelight
on 4/30/11 12:58 am - Klamath Falls , OR
I have gained 19 pounds back and am working my ass off to get it off. I to sit on my butt all day in a office job. But I am going back to the basics because it is what works. I also start on depo which was a HUGE mistake. So we can work together to get this weight off. And I agree whoever said get on it now before it is 50.
Most Active
Recent Topics