Spanx and Body Shapers

amber1982
on 5/20/11 3:31 am
So I have lost a ton of weight about 140 lbs...yay me! So now I'm dealing with saggy skin, yes it is a reality. I dont have a huge amount but just enough to be annoying and it shows through when I try to wear a slim dress. Anyone have any advice or recommendation regarding Spanx or any other body shapewear? I hear a lot about shapewear rolling down or squeezing leg fat which makes it even worse than before so looking for personal experinces with it, Thanks! -Amber
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

Mandyk01
on 5/20/11 4:55 am - OR
I love the all-the-way up spanks "higher power" they are a must have under dresses. They are expensive though so if you are not to grossed out by the thought try a few sizes and styles from Goodwill before buying some at Nordstrom's

I also wear Kimaro's body shapper, the as seen on TV thing. It's nice because you can wear your own bra. I was wondering if wearing them as I lose my weight (four days pre-op!) if I could reduce the amount of extra skin?
Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/20/11 11:57 pm - NC
 I haven't had my surgery yet, its on Monday, but I currently wear spanx with my dresses and they are AMAZING!  I have tried other shapewear in the past, and they do roll down and squeeze thigh fat, but spanx don't do that.  I have the spanx that have a brief type bottom (haven't tried the shorts yet), and they are high waisted (goes all the way up to the bottom of my bra), and I love them.  They don't roll down, they are comfy, and you can't tell that you are wearing them.  Hope you can find ones that you like!
Brittnie S.
on 5/21/11 1:43 pm - NV
spanx are great! Target does sell a "generic" brand made by the same person that made spanx though for like half the price and they seem the exact same, at least to me.

EmilyLyn
on 5/22/11 2:11 am - TX
I love spanx. I don't wear a dress without out them. I agree with the previous post that the target brand is just as effective and more cost-efficient. Also, Mandy, YES they can help prevent excess skin! Just wear them when you sleep and it will keep your skin from pulling so much. I wish I would have worn mine more. (My only problem with excess skin right now is a little in my tummy).

CourtneyLiz
on 5/23/11 11:30 am - Thompsons Station, TN
Personally i LOVE Dr. Rey's Shapewear .. it works better for me than spanx and i love that they have the high waisted wear in a thong bc i HATE the horrible panty lines the spanxs give me! He has a good selection of different types.. heres a link! http://www.barenecessities.com/search.aspx?drv=29703&mode=1&cm_mmc=GLSR-_-dr.+rey+shapewear-_-Dr.+Rey%27s+Shapewear-_-A&source=GoogleA&term=dr.+rey+shapewear&LID=64931459&drvOld=29703&ext=1&

-Courtney
"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."-David Viscott

Our Wedding Website!: www.mywedding.com/peachjj
Twitter: www.twitter.com/CourtneylizUT
Facebook: www.facebook.com/courtneyliz

My ETSY site: www.etsy.com/people/courtneylizUT
cweintra
on 6/2/11 5:02 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I have fallen in love with sweet nothings brand at Walmart!!! They are spectacular (and don't cost a fortune) and they even have a few that look like basic lace camis so you can layer them with clothing...
Carly Rose

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 450 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2178 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4091 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6650 views