MY FATE WILL BE SEALED TODAY...

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/14/11 12:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
WELL...that's probably a little dramatic but I am going to know everything today regarding my surgery. I am going to find out if the surgeon is still willing to give me the surgery even though I haven't lost the required weight, if the surgeon will reduce or excuse the 10% weight requirement in leiu of my current health problems, and if she will set a tentative date for surgery today. Please pray for me and hope everything goes great for me. xoxo.

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

roogirlmulder
on 11/14/11 12:57 am - San Diego, CA
I have fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you hun! Good luck, and I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

AmberNH
on 11/14/11 1:30 am - Newell, WV
I'll be praying for you! Good luck, hun! :)

exohexoh
on 11/14/11 1:52 am - West Chester, PA
 let us know how it went!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Vanessa A.
on 11/14/11 3:22 am - FL
sending prayers your way chica !

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/14/11 5:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12

Well, I am back from my appointment and I feel a lot better. I had started this surgical program at 292 and needed to lose 25 pounds in order to get the surgery. Needless to say I ballooned LOL and I am now up to 305. That would mean about 40 pounds I would have to lose total to get back down to the required 267. Well, GOOD NEWS is that my surgeon today told me to start doing my labs which is the first step before surgery date and that instead of the 40 pounds I would have had to lose that she is reducing the weight requirement to 20 pounds from my current weight. That means I only have to get down to 285 and shes giving me 8 weeks to do it. She also told me to start now with the weight loss because if I can get down 20 pounds in less that the 8 week time frame, she will see me the same day I lose the final pounds, verify that I am at the required 285, and submit for authorization that same day. SO...my plan is to work really hard and try for 2-3 weeks and get that 20 out of the way. After she submits for approval, it should take 2-4 weeks for a response but she said that for the last year or so, they have been getting responses from insurance in about 1 week, 2 weeks maximum. Basically this all means that if I stick to my 20 pounds goal in 3 weeks, I could have my surgery in about 6 weeks total. Thats the 1st or 2nd week of January. So thank you all for your well wishes and prayers and please continue to pray for me so I can shed this 20 pounds. I think the number 20 is still freaking me out a bit BUT if I take it 5 pounds at a time, its really not that much. Love you all!

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 9:02 pm - RI
good luck mama! 
Vanessa A.
on 11/15/11 3:02 am - FL
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!  I HAVE FAITH IN YOU

God grant me with the serenity to accept the things i cannot change ;  Courage to change the things that i can ;  and the wisdom to know the difference!!!

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/16/11 11:33 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
2 POUNDS DOWN since my last post!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 448 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2176 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4088 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6647 views