Stall!?

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 12/12/12 11:57 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12

Since my one month post-op of Dec. 1...I have only lost 2 pounds...in 13 days...ONLY 2 POUNDS! Ugh I hate these things called stalls...they suck. On the flip side maybe it's due to my protein. I haven't been taking too much in because it's so much to stomach...ADVICE?

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

Carlos Valdez
on 12/13/12 12:34 am - Liverpool, NY

Try not to get discouraged. Remember you are still healing and adjusting to eating differently. There's no way you can do anything but lose at this point and the weight will start coming off dont worry. Everyone is different but make sure you listen to your doctors orders exactly and you will have no problem. Take care and I wish you all the best.  

KendraB1
on 12/13/12 2:33 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

I stalled too, right at thanksgiving. I was really worried because I had my surgery 11-5; I thought I messed up somehow because I stayed at the same weight for a whole week. But then my period came so I think I may have just had some fluid retention. Might that be possible for you as well?

smiley_k
on 12/18/12 7:58 am

Stalls at this point are very common, as are ones at 6 months and a year. My understanding is essentially your body is thinking what the heck is happening to me and is trying to hold on to the weight. When it realizes that you aren't starving it, just giving it less then normal the weight will continue to come off.

Have you been taking measurements? I found I had month long stalls where I didn't loose anything but when I took my measurements, found I had lost quite a number of inches. This helped in not letting me get discouraged. Don't worry, it will come off though! I eventually started figuring out my body liked to loose like a stairs, nothing for two or three weeks and then the third or four week I'd drop 7 pounds (so still averaging the 2 or so pounds a week that's the normal stats).

Best of luck and congrats on the 37 pounds so far!

Katie  ♥     

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 446 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2175 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4087 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6646 views