Through your journey how have you acted?

deborah72
on 3/16/10 12:54 am - Pell City, AL

I am 37 and have noticed that the weight I have lost so far has made me feel more liberating. I move around a lot more that I did and can't sit still for long periods of time.  I feel like I did when I was in my 20's.  I feel really great.  Now let me clarify things too!  I don't go to clubs like I did in my 20's, I don't weight like I did in my 20's,  I definitely don't dress like I did in my 20's. My life at the moment is all about my daughter.  

I was cleaning my house the other day. As with all my cleaning I had some good tunes going and a beat grabbed a hold of me and I had to go with it. My daughter who is 16 came in and was in shock.  She said that she didn't know that I knew some of the moves that I was doing and proceeded to show me some new ones. I thought that was pretty cool moment for us. Of course she would die if I ever did that in public with her friends watching. LOL! 

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

USAF Wife
on 4/19/10 12:28 am
I was a fairly confident, outgoing, extremely social woman pre-op. I dated a lot, never would commit ****il I met my husband 4 years ago), and enjoyed life even at a size 22/24W.

I've noticed now that I've lost all of my weight, and I'm what others call "skinny"(it's still tough for me to see myself as skinny), that I am actually softer, and more approachable. I feel like I was always in "defense" mode, it kept me from getting hurt. I no longer feel vulnerable, or that people only notice me because of my size. They see me for who I am and not my weight.

I'm 33, and I don't think I'm dressing too young, but I couldn't wear, cute, tight clothes through my 20's, I'm sure as hell going to wear them through my 30's. My husband thinks some of my stuff is a bit "too young", but he never complains when we go out and I get noticed by men. He was proud of me pre-op, he's just as proud of me post-op.

I used to always walk into a bar/club like I owned the place. I demanded respect, and didn't tolerate bad behavior from men or friends. I still don't tolerate bad behavior, but I no longer feel like I have to have that huge wall up to keep people out or at arm's length.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

AsuraDunnigan
on 4/24/10 3:18 am - Detroit, MI
I am almost 6 months out. I have always been a happy, well-liked person. Being super morbid obese causes you to feel shame and embarrassment. Now when I go out, I don't feel like the pink elephant in the room. Although I am still a big girl (size 16/18), I feel more confident, sexy and no shame. I feel great and still have a long way to go. The 75 lbs. that I have lost has changed my life for the better.
Most Active
Recent Topics