Recent Posts

Peggy G.
on 4/17/07 7:42 am - Cedar City, UT
Topic: RE: In Thickness and in Health...
Welcome Dan! Kudos to you for not getting into it...sometimes my info flows from my mouth before I even know it's neared my lips! I promise I try :)

384 / 233 / 288 current/ 146 for life

Proud OH Support Group Leader! Visit the Southern Utah Group

Peggy G.
on 4/17/07 7:40 am - Cedar City, UT
Imagine that they think you NEVER considered hopping on a treadmill AND they think that's all it takes. *sigh* Blissful ignorance.

Dan_P.
on 4/17/07 1:42 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey all. I'm new to this board. Been hanging out mostly on the Men's board. Glad to see everybody here. Special set of challenges for us in our 30's to be sure. Getting used to being a thinnner person and all.  People tentatively ask me how much I've lost and when I tell them they're generally floored. I did have one woman the other day assume that I was sucessful without the surgery and she applauded me for not taking the "easy way out". It was in a professional situation at work and I decided not to get into it with her since I wouldn't be seeing her everyday, but I do wonder why the surgery is seen as some kind of easy solution.
Chris M.
on 4/17/07 1:39 am
Topic: RE: WLS Tatoo
I have been thinking about getting a "372" somewhere to commemorate my starting (and current-wls hopefully this summer) weight to always remind me.
Jennifer M.
on 4/16/07 1:02 pm - N Las Vegas, NV
Topic: RE: WLS Tatoo
I think the Butterfly is a great idea. And I love the Port this way, that's great! Jen in NV
Peggy G.
on 4/15/07 12:28 pm - Cedar City, UT
Topic: RE: Hi i am new to this board
Welcome Amber and fellow Valley girl!! I am originally from NoHo :)  Glad you joined us!!

jenncarson
on 4/15/07 12:01 pm - AZ
Topic: WLS Book List

(I promised by support group that I'd post some titles. Look over--comment and add to this list)

"Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastic Banding"  by Jessie H. Ahroni (I own)

"Doctor's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery" by Lous Flancbaum, M.D. (I checked out of the library)

"Body Contouring Surgery after Weight Loss" by Jeffrey Sebastian, M.D. I checked out of the library)

"Lap-Band For Life" by  Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere (I've ordered)

"Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" by Marina S. Kurian (I own)

These are titles that I want to borrow or I'll order from amazon:

"Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes" by Patt Levine

"Final Success Workbook (The Success Habits of Weight-loss Surgery Patients)" by Colleen M. Cook

"It Ain't Over 'til the Thin Lady Sings: How to Make Your Weight-Loss Surgery a Lasting Success" by Michelle Ritchie  

Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You by Margaret Furtado

Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients by Colleen M. Cook

Weight Loss Surgery: Finding the Thin Person Hiding Inside You, Third Edition by Barbara Thompson 

Exodus from Obesity: The Guide to Long-Term Success After Weight Loss Surgery by Paula F. Peck     "Before & After, Revised Edition: Living and Eating Well After Weight-Loss Surgery" by Susan Maria Leach  

Amber R.
on 4/15/07 8:27 am - West Hills, CA
Amber R.
on 4/15/07 8:26 am - West Hills, CA
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/07 6:27 am - Roseville, MI
Topic: RE: Hi i am new to this board
Welcome to the 30s Board!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics