Me and the pouch made it!

AndreaH09
on 8/10/10 9:20 am
Glad all went well!  I agree - pain is similar to c-section but a little less.
Please remember - no matter how good you feel - you need REST and fluids.
HW 251/SW 239/CW 183/GW 150  height= 5'5"

Cort0807
on 8/10/10 9:23 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I'm going to work on the rest better but the fluids I'm doing well on. My daughter isn't coming home until at least tomorrow and possibly will be gone until Thursday. Those pressure sleeves on my legs kept waking me up. LOL!

Jody ***
on 8/10/10 11:06 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I've always hated those things!  The last time I had them they weren't too bad - I think it has a lot to do with how tight they put them on you to start with.

Glad to hear things are going well - just take it easy and take care of yourself.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Cort0807
on 8/10/10 11:21 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Oddly enough the ICU nurses were cool about it and as long as I did my walking they only made me wear them in bed but not when sitting in the chair. I get upstairs to what I called "general population" and although my surgeon had said I was done wearing them since I was walking I'd be lying if I said they didn't make me wear them in the bed AND in the chair.  The one nurse had gotten the Lap-Band awhile back and so was trying to boss me around by what her guidelines were, they even tried to tell me I was getting a NSAID for pain.

I'm just glad I finally get to sit on the losers bench.

roan1959
on 8/10/10 11:20 am
YEA for you!!
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
Cort0807
on 8/10/10 11:27 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Thanks! Will be rooting for you in a couple weeks too! Just know I was probably as scared as one person could be(I even had letters to hubs and daughter on top of the fridge) but honestly they did amazing.  Don't hesitate to ask questions and take your time walking.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 439 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 502 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 523 views