Anyone have an UNsupportive spouse?

JuneBug76
on 11/28/07 11:48 am
I do and just wondered if I was alone. Wendy
Alanols
on 12/23/07 2:59 pm - AZ
Do you know why you spouse is UNSupportive? Is it insecurity/jealously? Or does he just like you larger and dread the loss of your figure? Or ???
Shawna G.
on 1/6/09 11:25 pm - Newberry, FL
My husband is not completely supportive.  He states it's because of the "concerns" of having a dangerous surgery that I "really don't have to have".  I finally have him "OK" with the Lap Band-- however, I've decided to have the RNY-- which he does not know (at the moment).
 Shawna
bellab33
on 4/22/09 5:53 am
even my bf is being this way, i honestly think its bc most woman that are over weight have always had to be better at everything esle, such as personality and brains and the way we do things that after the weight loss we will be that much better and that tmost men are scared that we will just drop them. after reading so many posts that has to be what it is.
*~BRIANNA~*

"It's not  how good you are, its how good you want to be"

Pawsie
on 8/13/09 4:20 am - Anchorage, AK
I second that Brianne!!!   

My spouse is latched onto the worse case sceneario (as with any surgery) but I believe it is fear of not being good enough & being able to handle the phyisical new me.   As with many other posts that I have seen on OH, it is a matter of when and where, not a matter of "if" that the spouse has not done the work of correcting the thinking-errors associated with an obese spouse.   They never ask the question:
    How is this going to change our relationship?
    What am I going to do when others are looking cuz she is hot?
I have men in the grocery store NOW that are friendly and attempt to get my attention on a regular basis @ 365#!!!!    What is it going to be like when I am half the women I am now?  

I don't know . . . . but what I do know is I need to get the assistance to change the thinking-errors NOW pre-op and not wait for things to get out of control.  
Sara13
on 9/21/09 5:50 am
The exact words of my husband "I would rather you be overweight , than diet and be cranky". He never liked it when I was skinny. Very jealous. Now no one notices me and he is happy with that.
Most Active