Helping Hubby talk about future DS

rameeguy
on 10/22/09 9:03 am - Newnan, GA
I just wandered upon this board.  I have a great husband of 9 yrs.  We have no kids due to my PCOS.  I am in the 3 months program that my insurance requires before I can submit for approval for the Open DS.  My hubby will not talk to me at all about this surgery.  He has only barely spoken his fears about losing me during the surgery by complications/death.  My health scares him and he knows I need this surgery.  How can I get him to open up to me and talk to me about his fears?  Normally we can talk about anything...I think he is scared he is going to worry or stress me out more than I already am when all I really want to do is help him understand the surgery and get on board with it.  Thanks ahead of time.

Ramee
Big Mama
on 11/15/09 1:50 pm - NE
If he knows you need it because of medical reasons then have you tried to take him to your 3 month program with you so he can see what your are going through and understand where your coming from. Maybe he will understand you and jump on board. My husband was not happy I wanted WLS he was also scared of loosing me, he went to the seminars with me and decided that he didn't like the risks but if that was what I wanted to do then he would support my decision and stand by me, we talked alot before and believe me it was not easy for me to go through it on the day of the surgery I almost told my Dr. never mind because my husband, four children , brother  and sister in law where all crying and for a moment I thought to my self what if this is the last time my family sees me alive and what would they do without me but then I said a prayer and went in for surgery.

I thank God for not letting me change my mind and I am so thankful I had my DS.

SW  315                    HW  335                  GW  180  

WL 155             DGW 175          CW  180           MICHELLE

Most Active