My Husband's Unconscious Support

LadyBaltimore
on 9/29/15 4:53 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

I'm feeling really tired today, had an intense workout yesterday and then dealing with some upsetting family news.  I was planning on just going home after work and skipping the gym, but I won't.

Why?

Because if I go home, I have to deal with a depressed, moody husband and walk on eggshells all evening.

So, when faced with either swimming while utterly exhausted or going home, I'm doing the former.

Bad Marriages: Spurring WLS Folks To The Gym For Years!™   *eyeroll*

And off I go,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

cmcelfish
on 11/6/15 6:10 pm
On September 29, 2015 at 11:53 PM Pacific Time, LadyBaltimore wrote:

I'm feeling really tired today, had an intense workout yesterday and then dealing with some upsetting family news.  I was planning on just going home after work and skipping the gym, but I won't.

Why?

Because if I go home, I have to deal with a depressed, moody husband and walk on eggshells all evening.

So, when faced with either swimming while utterly exhausted or going home, I'm doing the former.

Bad Marriages: Spurring WLS Folks To The Gym For Years!™   *eyeroll*

And off I go,

-LB

I have a question is your husband depressed because you are loosing weight. I am just starting my journey going from a band to a sleeve. I ask because my wife is going E greet she tells me how stupid I am for wanting this surgery . 

LadyBaltimore
on 11/7/15 9:01 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi cmcelfish,

I know that my husband had expressed some concerns about me losing weight and then leaving him.  However, he's been supportive of the weight loss since it's begun.  (His depression and moodiness are more connected to him being unemployed at the moment.)

Is your wife worried about you losing more weight?  Not to be too invasive, but is your wife overweight and maybe projecting?  

Take care,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

cmcelfish
on 11/10/15 6:28 pm

No my wife is not overweight she has been sick for a long time and a stroke 5 years ago. She has her challenges and I think she is worried I will leave her if I loose alot of weight. She is against me having surgery she says I am crazy. I am doing this for myself I am being selfish I want to know what it is like to be normal.

I was not being noisy when I asked about your husband I was told this surgery can cause relationships\marriages marriage problems.  I hope you are doing well in your journey.   Joe

Most Active