Spousal weight loss?

brewerpaul
on 12/13/05 7:34 am - Cohoes, NY
Have any spouses of WLS patients had any weight loss of their own? My wife "goes under the knife" next Monday and I'm thinking that with the drastically different way she'll have to eat afterwards, I'll probably lose a few extra pounds too! We simply won't have many of the "bad" foods around the house any more. Nice side benefit of her surgery...
April Loves David
on 12/14/05 4:47 pm - South Fulton, TN
Hello- I am a lil over 7 months out and my husband has not lost one lb! THANK GOD!! He hasn't gained any either, and he just loves his sweets, which he keeps in the house. He is 6'3 and 143 lbs. He has never had a prob. If you want to lose a few then sure, as long as there is not tempting food. I wish you the best if you want to lose or if you don't want to lose. And I wish your wife the best in luck with her surgery. ~April~ Lap Rny May 13, 2005 21 yrs old, 5'1 231 / 149 / 120
Darlene X
on 12/15/05 7:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
yeah I thought the same too when my husband had surgery--- hasn't happened. Im thinking about having WLS next year for myself.
brewerpaul
on 1/7/06 4:01 am - Cohoes, NY
Replying to myself... My wife is nearly 3 weeks out from her lap RNY. She's doing great and as of her two week mark had lost 16 lb (she's adamant about only weighing herself once per week). You can already see the changes in her face. As for myself, I HAVE lost some weight. Approx 5 lb out of the 15 or 20 that I eventually want to lose. At 5'4", I'd have to weigh 145 lb, but I think that may be too scrawny-- I'll know when I get where I want to be.
diane
on 1/28/06 11:49 am - Covington, LA
Hey I'm 9 weeks out and my husband has taken off 40 lbs. He has been extremely supportive of me and with him and my son both on diets....our lives are better
April Loves David
on 2/19/06 4:46 am - South Fulton, TN
Hello- congrats on losing some weight, last time I posted my hubby hasn't lost any, but he has gained. I think its from him eating all of my leftovers! LOL! He has put on 10 lbs. Which him putting on the 10 lbs he is in the normal range! He has been overweight. Makes him more healthy. How are things going now still losing a bit? Hope all is well April
IdaMae D.
on 4/18/06 6:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hubby had surgery Jan '06 to date has lost 86 lbs. I've lost 30 lbs.... No more junk food around me so I'm not picking and suprisingly I'm not missing it. I have been experimenting with Tofu cheesecake and following the Gastric Bypass cookbook that the surgeon recommended in the Bible that was given to my hubby pre-surgery.....cake was a hit for Easter with the whole family!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angel
Heather H.
on 8/1/06 4:23 am - Northern, CA
I am 10 months out and lost 110 pounds. My hubby has lost about 40 and is looking very nice. He does all the cooking and eats what I eat.. not as small of portions but smaller than he used to. He also excercises and works out almost daily. Life is good..
newme2
on 1/22/07 3:01 am - Woodford, VA
Hello My hubby and I both had WLS this past year. Mine was in April '06 and I have lost 170 lbs. His was in June '06 and he has lost 160 lbs. It is nice having someone who can relate to what you are going through. Stephanie
blj5362
on 1/31/07 4:00 am - Tunnelton, WV
Actually yes my husband has lost about 20 pounds since I had surgery. I have nothing in the house that has sugar or high in calories not because I won't buy it. He tells me not to that he wants it like that.
Most Active