VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » My no good, very ba...

My no good, very bad eating day

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/10 12:52 pm
It's true confession time for me.  I had a terrible eating day today.  I have no excuses or even very good reasons.  I have no idea what got into me today, except I was crabby all day for no reason at all.  No, this is not hormonal, and my life is not extra stressful because of the holidays.  I do not know what made me eat all day, or why I wa*****hy and a bit mean to my wonderful husband.  But the truth is that I ate all day long and it wasn't all dense protein either if you know what I mean.  There, I have told you my deep dark shameful secret and it wasn't so bad. 

Here is for the good news, even at my absolute worst, I did only a small fraction of the damage I could do before.  Maybe I ate 2000 calories or so, so what!  I could do that in one meal before surgery.  Even on my no good, very bad eating day, I still ate less than on most days before the sleeve.  Even though tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I will do better and I might just skip the pumpkin pie ( I hate it anyway).   Have I mentioned that I love, love, love my sleeve.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and I am so thankful for all of you and this new site, thanks Diane.
sassyscorpio
on 11/24/10 3:48 pm
We all have days like that. My problem is I had a week like that during my birthday week and I am having trouble now getting back to the basics.

Note to self- don't fall off the wagon cause it's hard to get back on! Damn chocolate!

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/24/10 10:40 pm - GA
If it makes you feel any better, I've been eating too much for the past two days. It's a combination of PMS (started period yesterday) and the stress of being with my family on Thanksgiving. I have a very dysfunctional family and my anxiety has been through the roof in anticipation of it. Ugh. Plus I am SUPER stressed about Christmas this year because my husband was transferred to a new department and he doesn't get the overtime like has for the past several years so money is really tight. My kids keep adding things to their Santa list and it's breaking my heart.

Like you said, I'm happy that I can only eat a handful of chips of now rather than polish off the whole bag, etc. But still, those carbs go down so good...and I've been grazzzzzzing like a mad cow.

The good thing about today is that we are going to Golden Coral (yuck) for Thanksgiving dinner so there will be no leftovers tempting me. Yay!! I find that right now, sweets are my weakness.

Enjoy your holiday and remember that we are all in this together!
 5'8" - 40 years old

MikeyMike
on 11/24/10 10:43 pm - New York, NY

I get the feeling today is going to be one of those days. I'm already sniffing the wonderful aroma comming out of the kitchen on Thanksgiving day.

Tomorrow may be confession time for many of us!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/24/10 11:05 pm - GA
LOL

I am totally eating a bite of pumpkin pie today. Might as well get that confession out of the way!
 5'8" - 40 years old

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/10 12:57 am - Humboldt, CA
 Just a bite? That's hardly worth confessing over....
I'll have a whole (very small) piece with whipped cream..and I'll enjoy it too!
It'll just be protein protein protein (and fluids, of course) on Friday though...
Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/25/10 2:13 am - GA
I'd eat a whole slice if I could. We are going out to dinner so I'll have to eat it right after I eat my meal and there won't be room for more than a bite or two.

But, at least I don't have to contend with leftovers!
 5'8" - 40 years old

mini_me_ now
on 11/25/10 3:11 am
Well i decided that i might not have done the best yesterday and probably will not do so today.. but tomorrow is a whole new day when i will be back on track.. even if it means a couple of protein shake days to de carb. so that will be my plan.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sassyscorpio
on 11/25/10 9:21 am
I confess I took a diet pill before I got here for Thanksgiving dinner.  I just can't afford to gain one more lb!

I am lucky I absolutely hate pumpkin pie. The problem is they have pecan pie, my favorite!
I am going to try to be strong and only eat a few bites of dinner and limit myself to a tiny piece ot that
pecan pie. With a little help from my friend the diet pill, it will be much easier. I save those things
for emergency situations since they were taken off the market.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

mini_me_ now
on 11/25/10 10:09 am
I know you were talking about doing the 5 day pouch test, if you want someone to do it with you or just a few days of protein shakes to get back on track for accountability, let me know Im going to do a couple of days starting tomorrow.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/