VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Saturday, Nov 27/10

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/27/10 2:23 am
I was thinking of removing my RandomThoughts and just posting my weight each day.... because of the post above...

BUT, I post the random thoughts so that people can see why I gain or lose or by how much...

I post the random thoughts to help others and to put down in writing how I feel about my eating...

I am going to contiue to post my random thoughts in the hope that they help someone or someone can relate to them...

I will stop posting them if I feel they are not doing what I intend for them to do...

Man I am in a ***** I can't wait for my walk...  It is a beautiful day here in paradise.

Group Hugs!!    Now I feel better... have a good one!

mini_me_ now
on 11/27/10 2:40 am

I dont understand why is it when it comes to our weight people see what we do as " obsessive", if we had diabetes and take blood sugar lvls every day, 4 times a day its not seen as obsessive its seen as maintaining our diabetes, if we have high blood pressure and take our blood pressure a couple of times a day it is not seen as obsessive its seen as managing our blood pressure.. but if we have obesity and take our weight every day we are obessing???

Just because we have had surgery does not take away our disease, its helping us control it, just as meds help us control other diseases...

I will always have obesity as a disease i might have it under control for today, but i know if i dont do my daily checks it might not always be undercontrol.

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/27/10 2:56 am
I have failed too many times, I am not going to let that happen this time...  I cannot take this for granted...  I can not pretend that I am 'normal' as in I never had a problem with food, wieght, weighing, etc.

I was thrilled when the Maintenance Board was started, so that I could be honest about how I feel about my stupid little incremental gains and losses... So that I could be in a safe place where people understand why I might be concerned about some silly amount like .8 lbs...  A place where I did not have to feel bad for even talking about it...

ANYWAY, you guys get it and that is all that matters.

Hugs,

frisco
on 11/27/10 3:53 am
What mini says !!!!!!

Never thought of it like that......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Boscogirl
on 11/27/10 3:07 am - TX
You keep posting whatever in the heck you want My Love.....you are a VSG rockstar!!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
Maintaining Cindy
on 11/27/10 3:12 am
Thanks honey! 

YOU are so gorgeous, love the bubble bath pics!!  You sexy sultry seductress you!!  I said to hubby, you will probably meet her some day!!  It was so funny!!  He says "OH ya?!?"  We had a good laugh!

Hugs honey,

liveinphx
on 11/27/10 4:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
The reality is all of our experiences as do our lives will vary greatly. There is NOT one size fits all (and yes that pun was intended) for post op life.
What works for me may not work for you but that does not make what I am doing wrong no more that what you are doing is wrong. Because I do things differently and I post how and why I do them differently does not mean I am judging you or saying you are wrong or bad for doing it differntly. Let's try to take the "morality" out of the equation.
Personally I do not weigh daily nor do I track my food.  Personally I beleive that most "normal" folks while they may be aware or mindful of what they are eating do not track or weigh but that is just MY opinion an my experience of the folks that I encounter and interact with.
What I do know for certain is that MY way is working for me. Will it work for you? I have no idea. Am I advocating that YOU do it MY way, not really. Just because I post how I do things does not mean I am suggesting that you change what you do or that is something wrong with how you are doing what you do.
We are most unlikely to agree on most things mainly because we are a diverse group of humans who are very passionate about what is working for us.
One of my favorite sayings is (and I, without shame, stole if from another OH person) is: You can argue with me but you can't argue with my results
I lost 135lbs in 10 mos and have kept that weight off for almost 2 years
I do not weigh daily
I do not track food
I do not eat low fat
I do not eat low calorie
I am mindful of carbs but do not eat low carb per se
I eat around 100 gms of protein daily
I eat around 100 gms of carbs daily
I am an avid hiker and hike several times weekly which probably allows me to eat more carbs than someone who is less active
Am I suggesting anyone else try this... NO
Am I saying this is MY experience and this is what has worked for ME.. Yes
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
laurak712
on 11/27/10 11:51 am - New Braunfels, TX

Hi Cindy.  I never participate in this daily post of yours, but I ALWAYS Read it.  I just wanted to say that I love your the random thoughts section.  It helps me to know how others deal with the day in and day out of weight loss and maintenance.   And if it helps you too, then please don't stop.  I think most of us here are very diligent and picky about our weight and with good reason.  I for one didn't cut off 85% of my stomach and go through 7 hours of plastic surgery to stop paying attention now!  SOOO, keep on keepin' on....... : )

Laura

Height 5' 7

Maintaining Cindy
on 11/27/10 11:11 pm
Big Hugs!!  Thanks Honey!  There I have my validation, it helps someone! or someone can relate!  lol

85% and 7 hours speaks volumns!!!

Hugs Laura, thanks for stopping by...

sublimate
on 11/27/10 4:51 am - San Jose, CA

I'm not in maintenance but already I can tell you that I will be as vigilant as others when I get there.  I *know* that the surgery did not fix my head, and that I still have many behaviors I need to be aware of and in control of.

Cutting out my stomach did not make me "normal"; if I could have been normal I wouldn't have needed the surgery.  The surgery did not make it any less real that certain foods are good for my health and weight and others are not; I need to eat the foods that are good for me.

The surgery did not make it so that I can't eat around it or eat more frequently just to enjoy food.  The surgery did not make exercise unnecessary for me or bad for me.  If anything I'm more abnormal than ever since most people around me "can" eat more than me if they chose to; the surgery makes it so that I can't even if I wanted to.

Weighing daily is a way of facing MY truth.  I know that my behaviors effect what number I see on the scale.  I know that if I play "ostrich" and ignore the scale, I can gain because I will justify my own bad behaviors and their results.

I know that all of this is just ME.  I am jealous of the people whom the VSG did so much for.  For those who had their hunger taken away, their lust for food, all their bad habits, all of their weight, their desire to binge or eat frequently, their desires for bad foods, and for those whose sleeve has done all the work for them.

How fortunate for you that the sleeve has done all the work for you and made you more "normal" with food.  Unfortunately I will NEVER be normal and I have learned to embrace that as my burden to carry in life.  I don't fight it, I deal with it with my strategies.

I am thankful I'm not a drug addict, alcoholic, compulsive shopper, gambler, etc.  My food addiction is the burden I carry.. most of us have our burdens.. our struggles in life, and "normal" is not the status quo.  

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift