VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » if you track your w...

if you track your water intake

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/5/10 4:26 am

what kinds of things do you notice if you aren't getting in as much as usual?  I suspect I could use more water myself and I'm trying to find some inspiration.

if people post how it makes a difference maybe that will help. 

thanks for reminding me, Phyll!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

VickyO
on 12/5/10 4:44 am - Riverside, CA
Seems like I'm more hungry when I'm not getting enough water and plus I get more tired..... I do much better on getting plenty of water during my work week.  50+ H2o w/Special K Protein Mix and a large cup of coffee with soy milk and 1 or 2 large cups of hot tea with soy....Take care, Vicky

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/5/10 4:52 am
Vicky, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear - more tired. I am against that!

do you mean you try to get 50+ ounces in, or how much?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

size 8, life is great

VickyO
on 12/5/10 7:05 am - Riverside, CA
at least 64 oz daily, during the week.  I have a very large trader joe's electrolyte water that's 50 oz that I drink at work, I have an 16 expresso/soy milk in the AM and then 14-16 oz hot tea w/soy in the AM and maybe another cup of tea or a soy latte in the afternoon, plus more water if I'm thirsty.100oz/day. On the weekends......48-64 oz today liquid/day.

:)

Phyll H
on 12/5/10 5:51 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
You are welcome Jackie !!!

I usually try to get in at least 64 ozs daily.

If I do not,   I feel lethargic  !!!

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

mini_me_ now
on 12/5/10 6:16 am

I cant really say i notice that i get tired, because it usually happens when im busy doing something, but i do notice that if i dont get enough fluid in i retain fluids and it takes a couple of days to get it off. and i do feel hungrier the next day.. but i try not to do it two days in a row if i get low one day i make a point of drinking enough if not more the next day.

I try to get in at least 120 ounces of my teas/ to go and at least 2 hot cocoas a day in a 20 oz beer mug lol.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Maintaining Cindy
on 12/5/10 6:44 am
Hi There,

When I don't get enough water I find:
-  My mouth is soooooooo dry
-  I am hungrier and tend to have more cravings
-  My skin and hair are dryer
-  I don't go to the washroom as much and increase my chance of getting a bladder infection

Please note:   I drink A LOT of water, as I know it flushes my system and cleans out the impurties and fat from my body... 

Also please note:  It makes me very very horney...  I find I have no interest in sex if I don't drink at least 8 glasses a day...  (this part isn't true, but I am trying to motivate you to drink more...)

Hugs,

VickyO
on 12/5/10 7:08 am - Riverside, CA

you are so funny :)

Mandyplus2 ..
on 12/5/10 7:18 am - GA
lol Cindy!
 5'8" - 40 years old

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/5/10 7:29 am
ha!

I drink coffee all day long but it doesn't have this affect on me. 

size 8, life is great