VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Back from VACATION!...

Back from VACATION!! Maintenance is no issue

summer24
on 12/7/10 2:41 am
So hubby and I went to Puerto Rico for 5 days.  Did anyone miss me??

It was the best vacation we have EVER had!  And the best part was that I ate anything I wanted(within reason) and drank(no reason needed!), we hiked, ran, danced, and walked on the beach.  I was concerned about my weight, but not enough to not enjoy the vacation.  I took my skinny jeans and they continued zipping, so that was my gauge!

Although I ate just about everything I wanted to, I did keep to many of my rules most of the time( I avoid processed "whites"- flour, bread, etc.).  I also wanted to keep up with some exercise to help offset the delicious local flavor.  And the weigh-in this morning was- only up .5 lb!!!!  I'm hoping that's water retention :)

I think that these experiences help me realize that maintenance is something that is doable for me, and that I need to cut myself some slack and not stress so much about my weight fluctuating.  I just hope that this is the way it will always be for me. (More like praying!)

I did gain a couple of pounds over the holidays and I know that today  I need to be back on track.  Otherwise, it will be 2 more pound over Xmas, .5 lb for New Year's- and next thing I know, I'm up 30, and I don't ever want to go back there! 

Hugs,
Adele
mini_me_ now
on 12/7/10 6:08 am
welcome home, great to hear you had a wonderful vacation, im sure you will get your couple of pounds off before the christmas rush of food is upon us..

Im thinking of just getting a rib roast and enjoying that for christmas, i made two many pies, and ate things like baklava for thanksgiving .. i got the weight off i put on from that but im not sure i need any more junk for awhile lol.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/7/10 7:46 am
I'm glad to hear you had a good time.  not stressing about it but keeping track  -  so half a pound doesn't keep going up - seems to be the way to go.

hiked, ran, beach...sounds like heaven!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Boscogirl
on 12/7/10 10:58 pm - TX

Your vacation sounds heavenly in every way!!

Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!