VSG Maintenance Group

FATs

VickyO
on 12/9/10 12:30 am - Riverside, CA
Okay maintenance people.......I've been going through a lot of body image crap, especially when I bend over and see the saggy arms and boobies......but lately I've been eating a lot more "fats" and I've noticed I'm less saggy.......is this possible?  I actually like my body more lately.  I'm normally a very low fat kinda girl...but lately...not so much!   I heard "B" talking about good fats like coconut oil....may be I need to add that kind of stuff....
I would appreciate any feedback you can share.....

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/10 12:44 am
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Our bodies change after our weight has settled down for a bit girlie - perhaps you are just seeing some distribution?

You know, I guess, that I eat pretty high fat with respect to how some other folks eat, but it definitely works for me. 

Maybe you and your body are being love show-ers now?  yAAY!!

abejita
on 12/9/10 1:01 am - dallas, TX
It kind of makes sense. Good fats (like avocados, omega fatty acids from fish, olive oil, etc) is really good for your skin. The better shape your skin is in, the better it is able to heal itself. It will be more suple and your collogen production will increase.

So probably not just your imagination!! Fats also increase the feeling of satisfaction after eating. They are not the evil the diet industry makes them out to be.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
Mimi N. Y.
on 12/9/10 1:13 am - New York, NY

I recently noticed how dry my skin & hair have been looking. I decided a couple of weeks ago to switch from tuna in water to tuna in oil. I already use full fat mayo but need to add some more good oil into my diet cuz I want a "shiny coat"!

I hope to report a change in hair/skin soon!
laurak712
on 12/9/10 2:37 am - New Braunfels, TX
I've got a friend who is doing weigh****chers and has lost about 60lbs.  She is doing very low fat and guess what, her wrinkles are really showing up and she's lost about half of her hair too!! So maybe it's the low fat thing ruining our hair, skin and nails.  Who knows, but I think some healthy fats do wonders for the skin.

Laura

Height 5' 7

mini_me_ now
on 12/9/10 5:51 am
I never went over to low fat because the amount i eat i couldnt see the point in it, but i have been eating rib steak now alot instead of lean steak and not only is it more enjoyable but it does keep me full longer.
for greek yogurts i now do the full fat too and even that makes a difference.

I still have loose skin but i think it could have been worse.  pleased to hear that your liking your body more thats a good thing
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/9/10 7:56 pm
I never went low fat. it makes me mad when I look at a self full of products and most or all of it is low fat, fat free, etc.

give me full fat!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Boscogirl
on 12/9/10 11:00 pm - TX
Hmmm...this is very interesting for sure.  I have always eaten full fat everything...mayo, olive oil, coconut oil, LOTS of avocado, real butter, full fat cheeses etc. and I lost no hair and I have no loose skin whatsoever.  I wonder if this is one of the reasons I have been so fortunate?  

And Vicky, coconut oil is soooo delicious!  I especially like to fry my eggs in it...yummilicious!
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
MacMadame
on 12/10/10 5:41 am - Northern, CA
I eat a lot of fat and I have tons of saggy skin and wrinkles.

I do notice that they come and go. If I'm dehydrated, I get more. If I lose fat, I get more. If I gain muscle, I get less.

About 2 months ago, I felt really happy about my skin. It seemed like a lot of it had shrunk up and I'd managed to fill out my arms with muscles. But, just a week or so ago, the wrinkly arm skin was back! It makes me so MAD!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

abejita
on 12/10/10 12:21 pm - dallas, TX
...but it is ironman skin!!!!

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115