VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Drains didn't come ...

Drains didn't come out today

moparmemaw
on 9/15/11 8:34 am - IA
My lower arms and hands are swollen. Right side especially.  Hand looks like a medical glove blown up.  They said the ace bandage was wrapped too tight.  Hellllooooo ...your office nurse wrapped them!  So, the drains are still in until Monday when hopefully another 2 hour trip to Omaha will get them out.  I want a shower!!!!!  Me stinks...even tho I've done a sponge bath...just can't reach certain places when arms are restricted. 

Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

michellemj
on 9/15/11 11:15 am
Boo!

and the not showering must be awful. Do you have some dry shampoo? That might help the hair situation though not the overall grimy icky. You may need someone to help you tho cuz those arms shouldn't be reaching!

It must be rough, but just think...NO MORE BAT WINGS. :)

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

moparmemaw
on 9/15/11 9:51 pm - IA
No dry shampoo.  :(  I'm going to try to wash my hair this morning at the kitchen sink.  I have pretty good range with my left arm/hand so I don't think it will be a problem.  I'm going to borrow a bath chair from work because I think I could give myself a better sponge bath sitting on it in the tub.  Wonder if Febreeze works on bodies!
Wanda
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

hmahler
on 9/15/11 5:19 pm - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

I would really like to hear more about your arm surgery experience.  My upper arms are VERY high on my wish list.  They look awful.  But I live in the tropics and I have to wear short sleeves... so alas... they are always at least partially exposed.

In any case, I'm planning to have my tummy done in December and was thinking of getting my arms done at the same time, but now I'm worried that I'll need my arms to help me move around when my stomach is incapacitated.  What do you think?  And what other thoughts do you have?

Hally

Check out my blog at
www.mahlersonsafari.blogspot.com   

moparmemaw
on 9/15/11 9:55 pm - IA
Hi Hally.  I would recommend that you go to the plastic surgery forum and ask this question.  I think a lot of people do both at the same time.  I wish I could afford to have my tummy done too, but my arms really gave me grief so they were high priority. 

Mobility is limited, but I'm not doing too bad.  Not sure how long this will last where I'm so limited.  I'll be glad when I can wear things that slip over my head.  I only have 3 things that button or zip so I keep rotating them through the wash. 

For me, the worse part is not being able to shower. 
Wanda

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 10:06 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Oh honey.  You are going to feel like a slinky million dollar wispy armed person when that swelling drains/reabsorbs!

If I were near, I would hose you off, because I am that kind of friend!  :} 
moparmemaw
on 9/15/11 10:45 pm - IA
 And you wouldn't make fun of all my other loose skin!

My DH just "tried" to re-wrap my arms.  Um, to say the least, he didn't do a very good job.  Bless his little heart, he's "sceert" of 'em!   I'll call my boss and have her come over to wrap them for me.  She's an RN so me thinks she'll know what she's doing.  She's offered to help me with a bath too, but I think I'll draw the line at asking my boss for help with that! lol
Wanda