VSG Maintenance Group

A Ton of Bricks

MacMadame
on 9/28/11 7:00 am - Northern, CA
While I also get frustrated with posts where a newly sleeved post-op jumps down the throat of a newbie pre-op telling them that maybe they aren't ready for this surgery because they have dared to ask a question about what they can and can't eat post-op or some other aspect of the surgery, I do think there are folks posting *****ally don't "get it" and who will have issues down the line and it's pretty obvious.

I still don't tell them that they aren't going to make it because (a) that's just an opinion and (b) it's not really helpful.

But that doesn't mean I don't want to tear my hair out and scream with frustration. Because I do.

And it's not about thinking I'm better than them or thinking that my way is the only way. It's about common sense. Eating solid food before our sleeves have healed is dangerous. Engaging in eating disorder behavior (binging, purging) is not a good idea. If you haven't lost weight in months and you aren't at goal, then you are eating too many calories for your activity level. Those sorts of things aren't a matter of opinon and pointing them out is not about having a superiority complex.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

laurak712
on 9/28/11 7:10 am - New Braunfels, TX
Well I never had the benefit of a nutritionist at all so I got myself to where I am all by myself and from extensive research.  But I do know quite a few sleevers that never reached anywhere near goal or are struggling at about that 1 year mark.  They all want to do it their way though and really don't want others opinions or "support"  even though they claim to want it.  They seem to get offended when advice is offered so I just back off those ones.  You can't win 'em all.  I do hope the "soda drinker" does okay.  People are gonna do what they're gonna do. 

Laura

Height 5' 7