VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 10/2/2019, Wednesda...

10/2/2019, Wednesday

Miss150
on 10/2/19 11:49 am

Yes and amen. Never ceases to amaze me how the same number on the scale is perceived as, positive and affirming- or - negative and damning, depending solely on which direction you are approaching it from.

VSGAnn2014
on 10/2/19 3:38 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

What a lovely, lovely person she is for offering such admiration and validation for all the self-care you've given yourself. She's right. You're a champ.

BTW, I'm still doing those daily "grateful for" and "proud of" lists. Not doing any more "shoulda/woulda/coulda" lists about yesterday. New day. New beginning. Great track record. Gonna cru****! :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/2/19 10:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Ann, I'm glad your butt is better and you didn't break it. I need to go BACK to MFP. I'd like to start controlling my food intake and get some of this extra weight off.

I spoke to DH's place this morning and they said he was doing well. I had heard from a friend yesterday that he had met her Dad and they were getting along well and going to activities together.

This morning I started some self-care and had my first eye checkup in 10 years. All was good - no signs of nasty eye diseases. This afternoon I am getting my flu shot.

It is surprisingly warm and sunny prior to the rain we are supposed to get later in the day. I took Justice for a walk on the beach as they are open for dogs now. Then I had lunch with DH. He seemed to be fairly well - he is certainly eating everything and didn't ask to leave with me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 10/2/19 3:36 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Y'all's transition could NOT be going any better. Really. It's almost a fairy tale transition. I'm so happy for you both.

All the group settings and experiences you set up for Paul prior to this move seem like they made him more adaptable to this move than he otherwise would have been.

I'm so happy for you, Liz! Really so happy!

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

diane S.
on 10/2/19 12:31 pm

Greetings All

I regret I haven't been able to read posts as closely as I would like. No excuse - just short attention span I guess. Its a busy week (at least for me) with multiple gallery days, check writing, banking, dog care, DH care and a little self care tossed in.

Liz I think Paul's place looks wonderful. Maybe there could be a bird feeder out the window. So glad he is settling in and hope that you are too. I bet your eating settles in to a better routine . Living in crisis mode all the time can be so wearing.

DianeO Love the picture with the leaf blower. DH has all those battery operated tools including the leaf blower, trimmer and a lawnmower. Not sure what all is out there. He is getting rid of the corded tools. Yay, fewer tools! He also has multiple batteries so one can charge while the other works.

Yay for France Ann.

Enjoy the terrier festival Peps.

Live it up in the Michigan fall Cecily.

Time to get moving and off to the gallery. Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Miss150
on 10/2/19 12:41 pm

When I was very heavy for years on end, I never looked in the mirror. No, not even my face. I had no earthly idea what the physical shell "I" lived in looked like. This wasn't necessarily intentional- just an unconscious way of being invisible - even to myself. Same denial re scales.

My getting on the scales or logging foods is my way of trying to integrate my insides with my outsides with my actions. Owning the whole of me. I try not to assign my self worth to a number or how clothes are fitting (so much easier said than done). I live in this body of mine; hoping to stop snubbing it.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

DiamondD
on 10/2/19 2:27 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Edith Piaf knows things! Ann I have considered the thought while you injured yourself, up until that moment, you were dancing! Apparently with abandon! There are worse ways to go down. Glad you're seeing some improvement.

I agree, Diane is locked and loaded and no leaf is safe.

Cecily and Bonnie, how do we see ourselves, how do we love ourselves at all stages? I love your musings. I try to settle on the idea that I can still want to be better, while simultaneously thinking I'm hot s&$@.

Liz, glad to hear Paul's transition is going okay and now you know you have good ocular health.

Diane S. Sounds like retirement has some of the same issues as all of life ~ lots and lots of not so big chores, but little niggling things that must be tracked and dealt with. Presumably while drinking coffee.

Rainy day here, like yesterday. Cozy here at home. Yesterday I had soup for dinner. Tonight DH is offering to make waffles and bacon. Not exactly on the post WLS lists of suggested food, but I'm going with it. And like Edith Piaf, I've made my choice, so I will regret nothing.

VSGAnn2014
on 10/2/19 3:34 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

A big fat :) from this seat re everything you said.

Especially love this: "I try to settle on the idea that I can still want to be better, while simultaneously thinking I'm hot s&$@."