VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday, 11/17/2019

Peps
on 11/17/19 5:45 pm

I am living proof! LOL!

There is a philosophy in the health and fitness industry that roughly states:

You can't exercise away poor eating habits.

DiamondD
on 11/17/19 10:02 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I don't know if I could ever be totally sugar free. For example, chobani yogurt does have some added sugar, and I'm okay with that. But I also know the more sugar I eat, the more I want of everything, not just sugar filled stuff. Currently the eating plan I have for this week that I started Friday is 1400 calories a day, 100+ protein, and under 100 grams of carbohydrate, whole foods, sugars, so to speak, from fruit and my yogurt. I may have to tweak a little more, because, without meaning too, it's pretty low fat. I tend to get hungrier eating the same amount of calories low fat than I do moderate fats. So I might need to switch some of the carb calories to butter on the veggies etc. I don't know if I can lose at 1400, but I won't gain. So small steps for this week: follow the eating plan I devised, 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, and 10 minutes of Tai Chi for stretching and balance. Small, doable steps.

diane S.
on 11/17/19 11:41 am

Greetings Treasured Ones

Not much going on today and thats the way I like it. Yesterday was low key as well. Watched our team lose, went to the studio and puttered around and then went to the pool and swam a few and sat in the jacuzzi. A warm veggie pot pie for dinner plus wine. Also spent time looking at year end financials for the gallery and trying to figure out what we can spend money on to get rid of possible income taxes. Nice problem to have.

Ann the idea of those kiddie paegents has always sort of creeped me out. The adult ones too. Remember that movie "Miss Sunshine"? Pretty funny.

Liz, enjoy Florida when you get there. I suspect your DH being agitated is part of his disease progression so use your time in the sunshine state to take care of yourself. Looking forward to hearing your adventures.

Peps, glad you had the conversation with Ron on sugar. No answers here. Except for me its not just sugar alone but combined with coco, fat, carbs and other stuff. Why do some of us have this inner critic sitting on our shoulder all the time saying "you are fat, you are lazy, you need to do more bla bla bla" while some other people totally have an inner cheerleader saying "you are great, you are perfect, you can do no wrong etc" . Where do I get one of those??

Diamond D we are hoping you have a restful weekend before the school week begins again. Years ago I felt delicious guilt when taking time to do a jig saw puzzle because there was nothing productive about it. Fortunately I have gotten over that guilt - mostly - but we all need to be ok with down time.

I am reading the AutoImmune Solution. Looks like its a dietary solution I will not be able to follow.. Oh well. Just a few bucks to Amazon.It may start me back to some healthy cooking if nothing else.

Cecily welcome back. We want to hear the best parts of the trip.

Hope to get to the pool today. I think I left my water shoes in the towel bin. And no they are no****er sneakers; just some cheap water slippers. Need better ones.

Time for some Fairlife milk. Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/17/19 1:01 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Apropos of nothing, but Little Miss Sunshine is one of my favorite movies. It's so absurd, and yet heartwarming too. I absolutely love the scene when they're driving on the freeway with the horn honking, because they can't seem to fix it.

diane S.
on 11/17/19 3:27 pm

Hey I used to have an old car that did that. Only after it got warmed up! ds

ShirlAus
on 11/17/19 12:45 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All, Back after a weekend absence due to being crazy busy. Whats new huh !

Headed over to DSS and his partners Friday night, I took her to Costco and then we came home and sorted out the boys while we waited for DH to arrive back from Brisbane. I adore those little men so much - they truely make my heart sing.

Saturday it was an early start as they had a concrete truck arriving. DH, DSS and his mate worked incrediably hard to get it all done. I looked after the kids and did some washing etc with DSS partner. Took eldest grandson for a walk before his morning nap. Then we took them to Ikea for an adventure as she wanted to get some frames etc. We had fun and Ashton was very well behaved being cooped in a trolley for hours. Food and distractions helped. I bought them a little teddy each and she sent the most gorgeous picture Sunday morning of them holding the bears.

Sunday I had a 5 hour lunch with some girls from school - it was really lovely to just sit and natter. Time went so fast. Funky Industrial Cafe with live music. Had a delicious Pulled Lamb, fetta and zuchinni pizza - well 3 slices. Rest came home and was dinner and will be lunch too. Im a cheap shout these days :)

I have finally come down with a bug - coughing and sore throat. Was stressing I had shared with the boys as little Elliot is still recovering from his. Coughed a bit during the night but I am feeling slightly better than I was yesterday so onwards and upwards.

I forgot to weigh this morning but yesterdays was 171.60 - Im still loosing. Not sure how ! Maybe the running around? I do no formal exercise ...... Terrible I know. Wish I could be like you Peps - you are so dedicated

Well I best go pour another cup of tea and start work. I slept in...... Will pop back and catch up on what everyone has been doing a little later

Hugs to you all

S

x

diane S.
on 11/17/19 3:37 pm

On an unrelated note, I was just reading through the recipes in the auto immune solution book. I have concluded that it excludes so much it is not doable. No glutin, no grains but rice, no potatoes except sweet no tomatoes, no legumes, no dairy, no caffeine, no alcohol and on and on. All you can eat is veggies and fish and grass fed meat. Not doable.

But we all had a laugh at one recipe - it was to create your own sausage. It called for GRASS FED PORK!!!!! Really? Us midwesterners know that pigs can't be raised on just grass. There is pastured pork where they root for stuff but they are given feed. There is no such thing as grass fed pork. Pigs are like people - omnivorous.

So there. DS

VSGAnn2014
on 11/17/19 4:03 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

NO CAFFEINE?!

THERE'S A DIET WITH NO CAFFEINE?!

That's ******g insane.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.