VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, November...

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/19 4:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am as far from thankful today as possible. The news on DH just keeps getting worse and I may be flying home tomorrow.

He was crying yesterday because he thought I was dead. I talked to him twice but don't know if he will remember. The nurse reports that in addition to the agitation I had seen the last few weeks he is becoming increasingly belligerent and aggressive and has threatened to hit people. The idea of an inpatient psychiatric evaluation was mentioned. DS went last night and said the room stank of feces and there were spots on the floor and on his bed. Apparently it was fine earlier in the day when friends visited but it certainly wasn't acceptable at that moment so DS freaked out. The overall director and wellness director spoke with DS and the director called me as well. DS was going to take DH home for the night, but after he got DH clean and medicated, DH wanted to stay there and go to bed. I've left a message for the physician to contact me as I want his meds tweaked - I do NOT want him to have to go for a psych evaluation.

So today I will make an apple pie, but I may not be eating it.

Have a wonky Wednesday.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Miss150
on 11/27/19 6:13 am

Oh, Liz- sweetie pie, I am praying for your peace in this situation. Please, let there be compassion, skill and wisdom demonstrated by DH's caregivers. I am now thinking of some of the lovely pics you have posted; may the contentment and gentle joy I saw in his face return to him.

I read something one time that stopped me in my tracks for the sharp truth expressed in it. Something to the effect that sometimes we will encounter situations that we are not prepared for- anxious of- frighted at- angry over. We may not have the time or ability to get our **** together before dealing with it. So be it, and we move on. Ready or not, the victory is our ability to move into and through the unknown as we are with the faith and belief that there is a way out.

Sending strength and courage and perseverance right now to you. And mostly love.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

DiamondD
on 11/27/19 8:28 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Wow Liz, how very upsetting to get this news from so far away. This disease is so cruel, and I feel so bad for both of you. Like Bonnie I am praying your DH can find some peace and equilibrium in the midst of all this.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/27/19 8:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The room is clean, DS has been calmed down and I spoke with DH's physician this morning. So no flight scheduled at this point.

This disease just sucks. I am so grateful to have you all as my friends and support team.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 11/27/19 8:58 am
VSG on 06/13/12

The snow has stopped. Looks like we got 8 inches of the wet heavy stuff. DS is about 5 hours away, but he has to wor****il 4pm anyhow, so things could be pretty cleaned up by then. He's on interstate all the way, so he'll be safe. DD is supposed to arrive a 9pm, I'm sure the whole aviation system is snarled, but she'll get here eventually.

Our snowblower is functional again and I am so very happy I don't have to shovel 8 inches of heavy snow.

I'm not going anywhere today, except to the airport tonight. Happy to stay home and get a few things in order.

Peps
on 11/27/19 10:50 am

Liz, what a horrid experience for everyone. Poor DS. From your descriptions of him he is not as well equipped as some to deal with these stressful situations with his dad. Hope he has recovered, too. Glad that you are not having to fly north today. It's such a lousy day for travel anyway, but with the extra stress, it could be just awful. Hope DH evens out and things get better for him. You are right, the disease sucks!

Pups are doing well. Mama is still not eating the way I want, but she is recovering well. Puppies are gaining weight, albeit slowly.

Ron threw his back out yesterday after moving some furniture with me from the side yard into the van and the garbage area on the opposite side yard. Poor guy. Of course, he lashed out at me saying that I moved when he wasn't ready, essentially telling me it was my fault. I went with it. No sense in poking the injured bull. However, in my head I was thinking, well, if you would actually stop watching tv all friggin day and get off your ass this probably wouldn't have happened. But I kept it to myself. LOL! I'm such a hard ass and mean spouse sometimes.

I'm going to take a little me time and go to the gym. But first I have puppy duty!

Hope everyone's Wednesday (and Shirl's Thursday) are fulfilling days in some fashion or other.

ShirlAus
on 11/27/19 2:56 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Arrived at farm last night and pottered till after 8pm. Called the cows up so I could check them and gave them a bale of Hay. They are happy moowies. Watered the pots and did some weeding. Removed the frost guard off the mandarin tree too and put it away.

This morning has been stripping beds - all washed and on the lines as we have a beautiful day today. DSS, his partner and our grandsons are coming up for the weekend. Lovely surprise so Im preparing the mini house and caravan. DH gets home from Brisbane Friday around noon, then has his Christmas Party and will come up on the train. I will collect him around 9.50pm. Just work till around 3pm then I plan to pop into town to do a fruit n veg shop, grab a mineral block for the cows then home to start working on a photo book for my BIL. Want to get it done with all my SIL's photos so he has it with him. Our Niece is coming over to bring some extra things she thought he would want in there - so will look forward to having a catch up and a cuppa. If the predicted rain holds off, we are having our Well put in - so the extra hands will be good. Fingers crossed. I will likely have the whole family for dinner on Saturday night. Thinking maybe silverside with mash n veg as its something I can mostly prepare as will be busy between well and grandkids

Liz - Sending you all my love and strength. This disease is truely heartbreaking. We are all here for you for anything you need xxxxxx

DD - safe journey home for your precious kids. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with them

Peps - Healing vibes for Rons back. Not what either of you need right now! Good to hear Ella and the puppies are doing well. I hope her appetite comes back soon. It was such a long labour for the darling girl.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. We dont celebrate it over here but I have had time to reflect on what I am thankful for. Its family and being able to spend time with them. It makes me whole. You guys are included in that x Love our tribe and the care and support it brings to each and every one of us. Also thinking of Reed as she navigates her first Thanksgiving without our Darling Shel. The year of firsts is a painful one......

I best be off and continue to get my work under control

S

LeapSecond
on 11/27/19 6:04 pm - AR

Oh Liz, I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. It truly is an awful disease. Glad it has settled down a bit.

I have had another busy day. Installed the dryer, then the washer. Connected the dryer wire that I ran the day before yesterday. We are washing and drying in our own house. Yea!

Also installed an electrical monitoring system. It should give me the information I am looking to find. I had hoped to do all of that yesterday but DS s cows were getting out and he needed help fencing. I love to do it just wish I could do more.

Thanksgiving plans are to be with DW s family. I will return by myself because DW and DD and Adalyn are staying an extra day.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)