VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, November ...

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/30/19 3:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Our Thanksgiving was at a lovely restaurant though the meal wasn't the best I've had. The apple pie I made from honey crisp apples came out great though.

I'm going home for a few days next week to see DH and potentially to take him to an Urgent Care to be treated. Both the nurse at the facility and I are relatively sure that he has a UTI, but the doctor wants a blood test to confirm. They can't get him to pee in a cup and apparently aren't allowed to catheterize him. The blood test was ordered Wednesday but won't be done until Monday at the earliest because they have to go onsite and because of the holiday. So I may need to expedite things. I also need to prove to DH that I'm still still alive. If he does have a UTI that may be causing his difficult behavior and delusions. Boy, I hate this. My anxiety was sky high yesterday but improved once I decided to go home and booked my flight.

Nothing else going on here in Florida. Maybe I'll do a beach day tomorrow before I fly home early Monday. Today is walking in the morning, making a new slipcover for the chair and maybe sitting by the pool.

Have a super Saturday.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 11/30/19 8:30 am

Liz, what would they do if you couldn't come home? It's been eye opening to me reading about the things that they expect you or your son to come and help with. So the good thing is he's safer, but you are still responsible for a lot. I'm sorry for the anxiety and worry and extra travel on your part!

It's been a chilly few day here! Right now I'm buried under a heated throw as Fergus has decided he wants to lay outside with the door open and it's 47 degrees.

Not much going on here, just paying bills, and maybe a movie later.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/30/19 8:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

They haven't asked me to come and the testing would happen as well as the medication needed. But DH has been alternately aggressive and crying. He thinks I'm dead and isn't accepting much help for personal care. So it is my need to reassure him and make sure all is in order vs. what they expect. His behavior started changing a month ago so I think this has been percolating for a while. An untreated UTI can cause a kidney infection or even sepsis so if that were to be discovered I would rather be there.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 11/30/19 9:08 am

That makes perfect sense!

LeapSecond
on 11/30/19 6:12 pm - AR

Generally with change in mental status the first thing done is check UTI. If he is mostly non verbal it often shows as aggression. I hope he can remember you are still alive after you return to FL.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

DiamondD
on 11/30/19 9:50 am
VSG on 06/13/12

If you are at peace with your decision to return, then you have made the right choice. I can't remember how long you were planning on staying in Florida before Christmas. Will you stay in Massachusetts, or go back Florida once you're satisfied things are stable? Is your sil travelling back with you, or staying in Florida?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/30/19 10:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am going home for 3 days, then returning to Florida for a week. I'll return back home for a month around Christmas on 12/12.

DiamondD
on 11/30/19 9:57 am
VSG on 06/13/12

The weather here is they say, Frightful. Alternating rain, snow, sleet. My paper is at the end of the driveway (I can see the green plastic bag sticking a bit out of the snow), and I've yet to gather up the desire to go retrieve it. When DH gets home tonight, we are having our annual family thanksgiving movie night and going to the theater to see Knives Out. Not sure if I will also make dinner, or if we'll go out to eat. I'm leaning towards me making margarita pizza and eating by the fireplace in the family room.

CC C.
on 11/30/19 6:21 pm

I just saw Knives Out today. I loved it! It was a full theater and people applauded at the end.

Peps
on 11/30/19 11:24 am

LIz, glad you are feeling more relaxed now that you are going back to the Northeast for a few days. I'm not all that surprised by the need for you to do the back and forth thing. My younger aunt had to do the same when my older aunt went into a memory care assisted living situation. Older aunt has been there about 2 years now. It took her a good 6-9 months to really get the hang of living there and being comfortable. She has not been diagnosed with Alzheimers, but has pretty severe dementia - e.g. no recollection of ever being married, doesn't remember family members anymore, etc...

I am officially exhausted. Ella and I were at the vet for 3 hours yesterday. Ella has mild hypocalcemia (very dangerous for nursing moms) which is causing the fever and lack of milk. Her oral calcium has been upped, I have injectable calcium gluconate to administer every 12 hours, and also an appetite stimulant to get her eating better. Ron has 5 medications for his systemic rash for the allergic reaction to only God knows what.

I forgot to weigh before having my coffee this morning, but about 3 of the 4 pounds lost over the delivery of the pups has returned. That's okay. Not flipping out about a couple of pounds. LOL! Besides, as self deprecating as this is, at my weight a couple of pounds either way doesn't make a difference except to my warped mind.

Not much else. I feel like my vacation has come and gone and not been too wonderful overall. Oh well,... I am happy, and I am blessed to have these types of problems with money enough to deal with them, a roof over my head, wonderful friends and family... I'm not complaining or griping, just sort of calling it like a see it.

Satisfying Saturdays to all of you most wonderful, wonderful people!