VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, February ...

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/20 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 131.4, WW bluepoints 26. Bounce up after a low, what else is new?

Today after my morning walk we are going to a couple of huge rummage sales. I'm hoping to find a small table or two for my porch. Though I have one that I think I can repurpose a bit to use as one of them. Tonight we are going to a friends for dinner. I'm bringing shrimp as an appetizer (to avoid eating the guacamole and chips).

Have a great Saturday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/8/20 6:35 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 139.0
Veggies/Fruits: 9
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,631, Carbs - 168, Fats - 46, Protein - 104, Fiber - 45
Green SmartPoints: 37
Water: 2
Sleep: 5.5 hours
Exercise: 12" weightlifting and 13,006 steps (including hip-hop class)

As it turns out, hip-HOP dancing is called hip-HOP because it involves HOPPING, which my ankles and knees do not care for after 74 years of hopping around this earth. So from now on it looks like I'll be HIP-dancing. ;) I guess it's no different from yoga, which I sometimes modify with props. I'm considering for next week's class a cane, a walker, or a riding lawnmower. In the meantime I'm going with old-school Arnica liniment.

And this morning I climbed back on the horse and did yoga@home while listening to the Pandora hip-hop radio station. Forward!

Last night after dance class and a stop at my local brew pub for a post-class shot of whiskey, I was actually hungry, so back at home I had a small second supper. I think that's how food is supposed to work, eh? Looking back, I'd choose something different (more protein), but nobody died, and per usual I learned something.

Today I'm going to the annual "Women with Heart" benefit luncheon for our local hospital's cardiac services. It's a big damn deal, so I get to dress up.

Other than that, I plan to read and take it easy on my ankle.

It's the weekend, and we're alive! Let's savor our lives.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 2/8/20 7:38 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I am cozy in bed, drinking chai latte and watching the local morning news, that is warning me it is -2 this morning. Not sure what is on for today. We have no groceries except eggs and bacon, milk, and, I think, one apple. No off plan eating so far this morning, if I want carbs I'm going to have to brave the frigid air. It's possible that scones and clotted cream could lure me out from under the covers and into the car.

Tomorrow evening we have tickets for Twelfth Night, a Shakespeare comedy I'm not familiar with, so we'll be learning something new.

CC C.
on 2/8/20 9:23 am

192 yay! New low

I've been using silicone cupcake/muffin liners for my WW muffins. They are pretty amazing. The muffins just pop right out rather than sticking to my non-stick pan.

Not much happening here. A grocery store visit is in the cards and some more knitting while I'm on a roll. Requisite dog strolls.

Where is dear Peps? David? Shirl? BB?

Happy weekend all.

LeapSecond
on 2/8/20 11:20 am - AR

Your knitting is beautiful!

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

CC C.
on 2/8/20 11:46 am

Thanks, David!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/20 11:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I made the muffins (with blueberries) - they are great! I'll have to try them with apples next time.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 2/8/20 12:06 pm

So glad you liked them! Compared to a Panera blueberry muffin for 19 pts, it's an excellent low point substitute.

LeapSecond
on 2/8/20 11:19 am - AR

Not doing well on the eating front. Grazing night and day. I really need to get with the program. Any program.

Knee is still noticeably causing pain. When I get up I walk like an old man for a few minutes. Adalyn has always mimicked things. Crows like the rooster. Then got rid of him and now she is making hen noises. She meowed like the cat from a very early age. But now she is mimicking the way I walk. It cracks us up. When I was using a cane she would pick up a piece of scrap lumber and use it as a cane. And walk like me. Hilarious.

I had one person to come look at the Airstream. He thought I am asking too much. If it was on the coastal states it probably would have already sold. Everything is cheaper in AR. So I guess I need to be cheaper too.

I changed a cabinet to take a larger sink. I also cut a hickory log on the day it was warm enough to be out. It is heavy to work. My poor little tractor.

more later, really, David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

DiamondD
on 2/8/20 5:21 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I had groceries delivered again, I really am enjoying this! I still need to go buy meats and produce, but it is a joy to not have to lug home all the other stuff, especially kitty litter.

We finally got around to seeing Little Woman. I thought it was excellent. Having never read the book, my husband said he found the time hopping a bit confusing, but he also thought it was a good film.

I did a bit of tidying up, kitchen looks decent, aka wouldn't be embarrassed if someone dropped by. I'll try and do a bit of laundry while we Netflix this evening, and maybe tomorrow can be even more relaxed. :)