Weight: 138.0
Veggies/Fruits: 8
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,524, Carbs - 158, Fats - 47, Protein - 105, Fiber - 28
Green SmartPoints: 35
Water: 2
Sleep: 7'45"
Exercise: 30" yoga@home and 9,977 steps

Good Monday morning, everybody!

I was up a bit late last night with some Facebook friends who are devotees of Joan Rivers' post-Red Carpet critiques of Hollywood stars' glamorous outfits and gather to channel her 'tude during Awards Show Season. It's a lot of fun! We've run off a lot of people who have been offended by our strong opinions and even stronger expressions of those opinions.

This morning the scales decided to move down a tad, which I don't hate. Only a couple more pounds until I reach my 100-pounds-lost number.

I don't care about how long it's taking for me to get to that goal. I so appreciate my baby-steps growing strength to moderate (and not just avoid) some "dangerous" foods. In fact, I just remembered that Saturday I had two Hershey's chocolate kisses. No, it's not a quality form of chocolate, but I was glad to practice with it.

Please don't think I'm feeling ****y about any of this. The ability I still rely on most is a willingness to start over and start over and start over because not perfect, not perfect, not perfect!

Last night, staying up later than usual again found me hungry several hours after an early supper. But this time I went for protein in the form of (don't laugh, kids) my favorite GNC protein shake. Hey, it's chocolate!

Today I'm preparing a presentation about my Antarctica trip that I'll give to my ladies club tomorrow. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in two very different centuries. Life is full of a number of things, eh?

My intention for today is "A steady pace wins the race." Have no idea where that came from, but it feels right.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Miss150
on 2/10/20 8:15 am

Good morning, all and

Thank you, Ann, for pointing out that "start over, start over, start over" is a STRENGTH and not an indication of failure (as I have been seeing it lately). Hell, just the fact that I Can and Have successfully before, and am Able to is reason to celebrate! So, for today I look at my situation as this:

Yippee, I get to start over!

I am looking forward to checking out Oscar fashion. A delightful delving into the world of Snark that harms no one.

Shirl- with the exception of the sink, I love the idea of a movable kitchen and would have furnished my 20s kitchen with free standing trappings if they had been available when we put the kitchen in back in '94. Love the sleek lines of the soon to be yours---enjoy!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

VSGAnn2014
on 2/10/20 10:42 am, edited 2/10/20 2:42 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Thank you, Ann, for pointing out that "start over, start over, start over" is a STRENGTH and not an indication of failure (as I have been seeing it lately). Hell, just the fact that I Can and Have successfully before, and am Able to is reason to celebrate! So, for today I look at my situation as this:

Yippee, I get to start over!

LOL!

I have a for-realz, life-long, skinny-***** Dallas girlfriend (with all the Dallas society cultural stuff going on you have ever heard and laughed about) who every year FREAKS OUT because at some point she HAS to lose SEVEN POUNDS because she has gotten SO OBESE!

So she does whichever newest, most expensive cleansing regimen she can find for a month or two, and she always loses those seven pounds. Every year. Year after year after year.

Point is, even for-realz, life-long skinny-*****es from Dallas have to start over and start over and start over. So do lots of those most-beautiful-people movie stars.

It's just another thing humans get to do on Mondays.

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

ShirlAus
on 2/10/20 12:04 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Love it :)

This is the 3rd kitchen we have bought secondhand. Our previous farm had a mint green kitchen - blech ! I found a country kitchen (all drawers) with solid wood tops for $2000K incl appliances. And we put it in - it looked amazing and certainly helped sell the house quickly.

The mini house up at our current farm has a galley style secondhand kitchen which I found for $500 incl appliances. Fitted in perfect and was a good saving

Fingers crossed this one will look good once in also - certainly an improvement on the old one. The only thing is - these things tend to snowball once started. I am now looking at re-flooring the main areas as I wont put tiles back in the kitchen. At this point its looking like bamboo flooring. Sad to cover the floorboards - will see whats under the tiles once they come up over the next few days

I better run

S

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/10/20 2:12 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I understand decorating snowballs!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/10/20 3:06 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

My husband and I used to call those house project thingies "M.A.W.s" ... for "Might As Well," as in "As long as we're doing XYZ, we MIGHT AS WELL ...."

And there we were, jumping over the cliff!

LOL!

CC C.
on 2/10/20 9:25 am

We have two posts today! I read both, but used Ann's post time to declare her winner winner chicken dinner.

Weight 190.8

Down 2 for my official weigh in day. Surprised me as the first 4 days of the week I was up from my last weigh in day. 17 all together! And that means I've just passed the halfway point to the top of my range. 16.4 to go. When I think about how much time I waste being depressed about being overweight and compare it to the time it takes to get it off and how I feel better all along the way (not just at goal), I can't understand why I get so resistant to doing something about it. Mindset is a mysterious thing to me.

It's beautiful here today, but we got Pep's wind from the north. Wooo, it's blowing! I need to go to Costco at some point, walk Ferg, do some laundry...

I didn'****ch the Oscars primarily because I got rid of my cable, but I don't think I would have watched it anyway given I hate how political the speeches have gotten. But I do like looking at pictures of the dresse****s and misses. I hadn't even seen Parasite. I know it's a poor excuse, but subtitled movies are such work! And I miss a lot of the facial expressions because I'm so busy reading. Oh well, guess I'll make an exception. I am looking forward to Emma that comes out this week. I adore Miranda Hart who is playing Miss Bates.

Anyway, off for more coffee.

VSGAnn2014
on 2/10/20 10:28 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Whoops! I did NOT realize we had two posts for today. I'm now following both. :)

I can't get over how FAST you lose weight, Cecily! I'm betting your intermittent fasting way of eating may have something to do with it, too. Might try that one of these times myself. :)

And yes to this thing you said:

When I think about how much time I waste being depressed about being overweight and compare it to the time it takes to get it off and how I feel better all along the way (not just at goal), I can't understand why I get so resistant to doing something about it.

CC C.
on 2/10/20 10:38 am

I'm not sure what role the IF has in my loss, but I like that it gives my day some eating structure instead of my eating availability being from the minute I wake to the minute I go to sleep.

I have always been able to lose (and gain) really fast if in the right mindset (or wrong one). But maintaining is my achilles heel. Middle ground is someplace I rarely visit. I'm not sure I even know where it is! I'm always on one extreme or the other.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/10/20 11:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice job on losing the weight!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!