VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday February 18...

Tuesday February 18, 2020

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/20 4:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 129, WW blue points 11. Heading down...

Yesterdays kayaking trip was great but somewhat exhausting. The last time I paddled was 2018 and that was a slow paddle in our pond at home with DH. My shoulders and upper back were all tight but I snuck a little ibuprofen before bed last night and it worked it's magic. I don't take it often but sometimes nothing else will work. I did take it with food.

The friend who organized the kayak trip leaves for 8 weeks biking around New Zealand on Thursday. We will hang out with her husband off and on. She does numerous trips like this every year. They have a unique relationship.

I find myself buying a lot of stuff online (more than usual). My birthday is next month so I have started to rationalize purchases as birthday gifts but I need to start reeling it in...

Today I am finally dropping off the car to have the bumper repaired following the rear-end collision last May. A lady hit me at a stoplight (I had been at a stop about 20th in line). The insurance company is paying for a rental while it is repaired. Other than that maybe pool, then yoga at 4.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Peps
on 2/18/20 10:07 am, edited 2/18/20 2:08 am

Back at school today. Kids are writing, so, so am I! LOL!

I went for doing my level best to stay off sugar yesterday. I did track my WW Blue to see where my points were. We grabbed burgers for dinner. My burger was a whopping 24 points. I don't know how that works because it's only only 15 points if I break it down into individual items. I went with the 24 points, but it is a bit confusing.

I had a few moments of severe emotional sugar drivers happen yesterday. I was prepared for them, so it wasn't too difficult when they popped up. As much as I would like to focus on the weight loss aspect of eating, I think a focus on limiting/eliminating sugar is the best focus for the next few days. I have an appointment with my shrink on Thursday. I can talk about it with her and get her input, though honestly, she's a good shrink so it's usually her listening, reflecting back, questioning, and letting me come to my own decisions.

Yesterday involved a sudden trip to the veterinarian ER. Ron found Lucky upside down with his head in a hole, legs in the air jerking in a convulsive manner, unable to move and literally FROTHING at the mouth. Ron called to me in a panic. I rushed out to see Lucky half in Ron's arms and half on the ground, eyes wild with fear and his body very tense. I scooped him up and with all 60 pounds of him in my arms grabbed my keys and off we went. Half way there I noticed he seemed to be more relaxed and like himself. By the time we got there, I was pretty convinced he'd had a panic attack and was not suffering from some form of toxicity. He checked out fine, but clearly the vet said something happened - either a seizure or a panic attack. Since he is an otherwise healthy dog, we are betting on the panic attack caused by having his head stuck in the excavated "hole" in the hill and unable to right himself. How he got himself in that precarious position in the first place is a mystery that will remain unsolved! Poor Ron was a mess for hours afterwards. Lucky and I, not so much.

Food for today was all packed up before I went to bed last night. Lots of zero point choices. Onward...

Today I am also going to focus on celebrating the smallest of achievements. I don't do that often. I'm more of a "What's the use of it all, IF I CAN'T BE PERFECT?" type of guy.

VSGAnn2014
on 2/18/20 10:15 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Today I am also going to focus on celebrating the smallest of achievements. I don't do that often. I'm more of a "What's the use of it all, IF I CAN'T BE PERFECT?" type of guy.

Oh, Devon ... I completely endorse that initiative! This business of beating ourselves up for not being perfect is insane. Sorry to be so blunt, but it just effing is insane.

How can we possibly PRACTICE things that we aren't good at so we can get better at them if all we do is punish ourselves for not being good yet at what we are trying to get better at?

Would you be that mean to one of your doggies? Would you be that mean to one of your students?

Hell, no!

(Can you tell that this strikes a massive nerve for me? LOL!)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Peps
on 2/18/20 10:27 am

Thanks for the endorsement! It is super helpful to have that kind of support. I HAVE to practice making good choices. I have a hard choice after lunch to stay away from sweets. I am going to treat myself to a cappuccino after school or get a pedicure, WHEN I make it through the school day without indulging in a sugared item.

DiamondD
on 2/18/20 2:21 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

And how is Lucky today?

Peps
on 2/18/20 2:54 pm

He's been fine since returning from the ER. I really do think it was a panic attack. I will keep watch for signs of additional seizures, but I'm feeling optimistic.

DiamondD
on 2/18/20 3:03 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Very good news :)

Peps
on 2/18/20 11:57 am

Walked in for lunch to this and it's a nothing day. This is a tough ass environment in which to work.

CC C.
on 2/18/20 12:30 pm

Minefield!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/20 12:33 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That would slay me!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!