VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, February 2...

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

VSGAnn2014
on 2/25/20 3:49 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 137.4
Veggies/Fruits: 9
Macronutrients: Cals - 1,269, Carbs - 131, Fats - 31, Proteins - 105, Fiber - 32
WW SmartPoints: 29
Water: 3
Fitbit Recorded Sleep: 8'12"
Exercise: 20" circuit training w/weights and 7,286 steps

Yesterday I didn't walk my full 10K steps. Part of that was due to my afternoon chiropractic appointment and then later at Walmart running into my old office manager whom I haven't seen in years and sitting on a bench and visiting for nearly an hour. But another reason was that I felt a bit (not a lot) tired and decided not to push myself.

Then last night I slept over 8 hours with little interruption, which means I really WAS tired yesterday.

I'm starting to observe and to accept (two very separate things) that my body, which has been chugging along over 74 years, sometimes requires that I listen louder to how it feels and, some days, let it have some extra rest. This is a very new perspective for me. My lifelong inclination has been to push on through. JFDI, if you will. But perhaps it's time I started cutting myself some slack and be more flexible with my daily exercise and activity plans.

That sounds mundane, but it also feels like something is changing here. Yes, I like to believe that I feel and think and look younger than the average bear. But I also need to find the courage to accept the phase of life I'm wading deeper into.

Some different thoughts from me this morning. Thanks for listening.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

LeapSecond
on 2/25/20 5:58 am - AR

I have about 5 hour of good productivity then I need to get horizontal. I used to work for hours and get my second wind about 5pm. I do not ever get a second wind these days. I have so much to do.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/20 6:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are still up early though! You beat me by a couple of minutes just around 7 am my time so I deleted mine.

Weight 127.6 (bounce up by 1.2). Funny how the weight that would have made me happy yesterday is somewhat disappointing today. WW blue points 20. I was hungry. I think my body was surprised by the low weight yesterday morning too so made me eat more?

So even though I've lost more than 10 pounds and only have another 5-7 to lose to be where I want, I still have annoying back fat. My boobs are shrinking at a faster pace than my back stuff. I don't like it.

I'm looking forward to a week without SIL. I do love her dearly and she is sweet, but the lack of initiative really does drive me nuts. So does the 6-7 glasses of alcohol every night. She calls it her "medicine". She starts around 5, but you can see her getting antsy after 4:30. She drinks approximately one per hour on average. I hate to see how little she eats, but she must do that to compensate for the alcohol calories. She is consuming about 34-40 WW blue points in alcohol. Maintenance points on WW seems to be 28, with another 21 weekly, so about 31 per day. Eye-opening. But she does have a cancer which will be ultimately be terminal, so I guess it isn't the time to rehabilitate her. Apparently her liver can handle it as her numbers are good. Last comments on the initiative: As mentioned previously she won't go anywhere alone and waits for me to suggest everything. She doesn't change or get ready for the beach/pool until I do. She NEVER starts eating lunch at the beach or house before me but ALWAYS starts eating if I do. She never goes to the pool without me or stays when I leave, even though I may be doing a project or an errand without her. She was hovering in the kitchen with her food plate last night because she thought I was coming back in to get something (I was sitting on the porch). Unless I suggest cooking dinner she doesn't plan anything for herself. She is planning on coming back after a week at home and leaving two weeks before me at the end of the season, but she has made some sounds about staying longer at the end. Somehow I need to tell her that I need those last two weeks alone.

I know: Whine, whine, whine.

Have a good Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CC C.
on 2/25/20 10:43 am

Your SIL would drive me insane!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/20 10:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Like I said, sweet but yes difficult to live with. I love her, but...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

DiamondD
on 2/25/20 2:02 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I feel your pain. I love my BFF, she is my chosen family, the holder of a shared history that goes back to the tender age of 14. But when she moves into our house for weeks at a time, and wants to accompany me on every errand... sigh. I'm an extroverted introvert, I can bring it when needed and I love a party, but I also need downtime. I don't need anybody in the kitchen watching how I pack my lunch. By the way, bff is meeting us in NYC, and flying home with us. She hasn't mentioned yet how much time she hopes to stay, I think 3 weeks (2 to 3 times a year) is generous.

CC C.
on 2/25/20 10:42 am

Weight 188.4 bounce up

Taking Ferg to the vet today for a medication blood test and to ask about his worsening limp. I fear they are going to find he's gained weight. Eating is one of the few things he loves anymore and I find myself indulging him too much. We'll see.

We've collected a few park weirdos who are crazy about Ferg and want to pet him, which is fine, he likes that part, but I find myself dreading running into them (because they're weird). Both lost goldens a few years ago and can't make themselves get new dogs because they're still grieving and can't go through it again. As such though, they fancy themselves "golden experts" and have lots of opinions about Fergus. Ugh. And he's old and can't stand around for long and they are sucking up his walk time every day. Ugh again. Just venting...

Off to start my day. Have good ones, my friends!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/20 10:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Vent away! I obviously did. We need to figure out how to kindly extricate ourselves from situations. Not easy.

CC C.
on 2/25/20 12:02 pm

Yes., I'm too nice in those situations...

CC C.
on 2/25/20 12:12 pm

P.S. - another yummy recipe for you if you're craving something Chinesey...

Cauliflower Fried Rice (I generally hate cauliflower and I love this)

1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower, heated through in the microwave

1/2 a big carrot, cut into small dice

1/4 of an onion, diced or several green onions sliced

1/4 cup frozen peas

Leftover cooked chicken, shrimp or beef (optional)

2 eggs, beaten

1 tsp sesame oil

1-2 tbsp of soy sauce

garlic powder

Add oil to non-stick pan with carrots, onion and peas (I also added a few spritzes of coconut oil Pam). Cook for a few minutes until carrots soften. Add heated cauliflower (drained if needed, mine never seems to need draining). Shake on some garlic powder and half the soy sauce. Stir to combine. Add meat if using. Make a well in the middle of the veggies and add eggs. Scramble in the middle, avoiding mixing it into the veggies as much as you can. When cooked, mix everything together and add more soy sauce to taste.