VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » 05/08/2020, Friday ...

05/08/2020, Friday TGIF

ShirlAus
on 5/8/20 2:51 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

So pleased to read that Cec x Sending her healing vibes x

Great you are getting your hair done too :) It will certainly lift the spirits lots

DiamondD
on 5/8/20 10:32 am
VSG on 06/13/12

It is cold here! High 40s, but bright Sun. All my hanging baskets are in the house, and pots with bedding plants are in the garage.

Work is progressing nicely today, getting things done. I can tell it's Friday, because the pace of questions from kids and parents starts to drop off.

I am eating well, and I know I'm at a calorie deficit. Scale is not budging. The three week stall in week 2, I guess. No matter, I'm happy about eating nourishing foods and feeling in control. There will be treats on Sunday, no doubt.

We are watching Little Fires Everywhere. I can't remember if it's July or Amazon. Hulu I think. I read the book, and really enjoyed it. The series goes in a few directions that were not in the book. We will watch the final episode tonight. That's something to look forward to.

Peps
on 5/8/20 12:34 pm

Quick check in.

Two more pups going home this afternoon. Lots going on in my head these days. I am feeling very much like a slug and very much like an overweight and out of shape middle aged man. However, I own it because I have CHOSEN to not be active for the past 45 days.

Love everyone's postings. Glad to see Shirl, too!

ShirlAus
on 5/8/20 2:49 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning Again

Wanted to sleep in as its Saturday but my knee had other ideas - uggg so here I am sipping my first cup of tea with a heatpack and posting

No weight either - I will try and look at the damage done tommorrow but TBH Im not keen

Weather is turning cold for this weekend and the rain has just started. Mum is cooking dinner tonight so I finally have a day off. She basically doesnt cook but we worked out Silverside in the slowcooker with Mash and Veg would work. I will make up a cheese mustard sauce to go with it.

I will start the wood fire in a moment. Just chores planned for today. And going with DH to get some snack type foods for his trip to QLD. I also need to collect a 3 drawer wire set - Im going to pop in our wardrobe for my shoes.

Speaking of hair - we are waiting on the announcement early next week as to relaxing some restructions and commencing stage 1. Our hairdresser is starting back - she works from home and is only taking one client at a time. I have booked Mum and I in for the 18th May. It will be wonderful to get my hair cut and coloured (I did one at home and am quite a few shades darker n redder) Mum needs a cut and blowwave.

Thats about it from me - hope you all have a wonderful evening

S

x

diane S.
on 5/8/20 3:24 pm

Greetings Fabulous People

Amazing all the news there is considering there is not much to do. Or at least not much I want to do. I ventured out to take my pop up tent to the studio for outside clay work. I have not done craft shows in years and doubt I ever will again so good riddance. Picked up a prescription and some financial stuff from accountants. My mental energy is going in to messing with numbers and figuring out how to keep the studio open. We did get the PPP loan so we can survive for awhile and our director is funning around figuring out how to run smaller classes. She truly has a gift for efficient space design and has figured out how to set up 6 potters wheels in a circle so the people on the outside are 6 feet apart. I think we will make it if things improve slowly and there is no awful rebound of cases here.

Cecily glad your friends mom is doing better. Its comforting to know that there is a drug that may work.

Ann you are so industrious. And good to hear about the roomba. I would like one but I fear dog conflict. Also DH has so many wires around for his electronics it could suck them up and cause chaos. Could that happen? I wanted to get the wet mop one for my studio but I hear it does not work well for a clay studio.

DH was outside and talked to a man who is looking at the house next door. This is the house previously inhabited by the lady who moved inland and drove with 3 dogs, a cat, 4 chickens and a tank of fish in the car. Anyway he seemed nice enough. And the good news (to us) is he is hard of hearing so probably won't complain when our dogs bark!

Liz have a fun parade. Be safe on the golf cart. I knew a man who was drunk and riding "Ben Hur charriot" style on the back of the cart from the country club and fell off and had a serious injury. But I know you won't drive a golf cart drunk. Tee Hee.

Cecily congrats on scoring a hair color. All the rest of us have scary hair. Fortunately its the norm here in hippy land. That and rasta hair (auto correct typed "rat hair") which I think is really icky.

Surprise flowers are the best!!

Shirley good to hear from you. Sorry you had a trip to creepy land but glad your DH got some message. Hope things are more relaxing for you at the farm. Good lord, you need healing time!!

Well time to rest up from my busy day and get ready for tv watching. Ho Hum. So it goes. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 5/8/20 3:32 pm, edited 5/8/20 8:37 am
VSG on 06/13/12

So this just happened. I have grapevine growing on a chain link fence. To cover the fence, and for privacy. Our new neighbor was out cutting the vines off the the side of the fence that faces their yard. I went outside and told her I certainly want to be a good neighbor but that the fence belonged to us, and it was six inches in the from the property line. She said she was so sorry, she didn't know. I told her we had allowed the previous owner to hook onto our fence. She said she was worried that her puppy would eat the grapevines, and they were possioness to dogs.I then suggested that sometimes people do build their own fence within the lot line, even when their neighbors already had a fence. We talked about the tree that has branches over the lot line. I told her that my understanding was that they were allowed to trim anything that was over the lot line, and we would not be the least bit concerned about it. Then she asked me what could we do about the tree roots growing into their property. I said again, that my understanding was that they could cut them out if they wanted to. I feel so weird now. I think I do have the legal right to tell her not to mess with my fence, but maybe I'm wrong?

CC C.
on 5/8/20 4:09 pm

If it's on your property, she shouldn't touch it or your grapevines unless they are encroaching, which it doesn't sound like they are! As for the roots, maybe that's a joint decision if removing the ones on her side destabilizes the tree in some way. It may mean losing the tree if the roots can't be safely removed and she's adamant? Ugh, neighbors sometimes!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/8/20 4:12 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Good for you! I know that this was a touchy situation, but you did good.

I'll also LOL and say that you and I have very different reactions to situations that require "Hey, dude!" kinds of conversations.

I'll say only that, for me, these situations are "opportunities to enjoy myself."

Grinning here. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

DiamondD
on 5/8/20 7:05 pm, edited 5/8/20 12:05 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

My daughter is a bit mystified by my discomfort at the situation, since generally I'm a pretty assertive boundary setter. And here we are, a literal boundary. I'm kind of mystified myself. I think it's ughhh, here we go. Our previous neighbor lived there for 30 years. No lot line issues.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/9/20 4:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It sounds like you handled it just the right way but it is always difficult to have those conversations especially with those you have to see regularly (I obviously need to take a queue here on the creepy man with a crush on me).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!